Nature's Revenge against FW havens like The White Towers

Ask any question regarding the game's (official) rules

Moderators: Jambo, Moderators

Jaded

Post by Jaded » Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:34 pm

I agree with you. Unfortuanatelly we don't talk here about sense but about rules, and this interpretation is not covered by rules or card text.

melkor_morgoth75

Post by melkor_morgoth75 » Mon May 01, 2006 1:18 pm

miguel wrote:
Jaded wrote:No that only means, CoE digests are full of mistakes and rules made out of nothing.
:lol:

The ruling makes perfect sense to me. Ents attacking Isengard weren't cancelled...  :wink:
It DOES make sense ONLY about Ents attacking Isengard but NOT ALL other attacks !

Anyway, is there a way to obtain an "official" response to that question before our "italian championship" ? It's pretty important ...

thanks again,

mm75

melkor_morgoth75

Post by melkor_morgoth75 » Wed May 03, 2006 7:12 am

I don't want to bother so much about this one ... but is it possible to have "something official" or i don't know how to name it  :?  ... pretty important for the championship next week  :wink:

thanks again,

mm75

Jaded

Post by Jaded » Wed May 03, 2006 7:49 am

It's impossible since fall of ICE. Me and my frieds play the way I mentioned above, probably some people play CoE's way. Choose your way. In Poland people who organise tournaments have the right to "legalise" any rule they want - they just mention it before. It is also a good way to have "last resort man" during tournament - the one who know the rules and has last word if a problem arise.

melkor_morgoth75

Post by melkor_morgoth75 » Wed May 03, 2006 8:05 am

I know that ... i hoped there were something "more or less official abotu that card" the problem here is to find a solution.

Sergio: what do u think about it?

The "master" of Italian council against me ... we need to find a solution fair for both  8)  (actually fair for the game  :wink: )

mm75

Sly Southerner

Post by Sly Southerner » Wed May 03, 2006 8:33 am

melkor_morgoth75 wrote:I know that ... i hoped there were something "more or less official abotu that card"
That would be the CoE ruling. :D  
If you are confused about it or want to confirm it then you e-mail teh NetRep.

If you arent happy with that then you may be interested in making an Unofficial Errata Proposal (UEP). That would not be official at all but is a good way to stimulate discussion and get an idea of what other people think of the current ruling.  :D
So that's where that southerner is hiding...He looks more than half like a goblin.

melkor_morgoth75

Post by melkor_morgoth75 » Wed May 03, 2006 9:03 am

Interesting ... how can i do that? Sorry but never done before  :oops:

mm75

Jambo

Post by Jambo » Wed May 03, 2006 9:24 am

Nature's Revenge
Permanent-event
Playable on a site in a Wilderness that normally is a Border-hold or a Shadow-hold, or on a non-protected Wizardhaven in a Wilderness . All versions of the site become Ruins & Lairs and each gains an additional automatic- attack: animals - each character faces 1 strike with 7 prowess. Discard this card when the site is discarded or returned to its location deck.
I agree that the automatic cancelling ability of the unprotected wizardhaven would be overrided. However, I also have a couple of questions -

Can this card be duplicated on any given site giving two automatic attacks in the process?

What happens if Guarded Haven is subsequently played on a wizardhaven that already has Nature's Revenge on it?  My assumption is this couldn't be done since the wizardhaven has become a  :R:

Jambo

Post by Jambo » Wed May 03, 2006 9:26 am

melkor_morgoth75 wrote:Interesting ... how can i do that? Sorry but never done before  :oops:

mm75
For all things UEP, visit the Optional Rules forum and check out the stickied topics at the top of the forum.  It should be relatively self-explanatory.

melkor_morgoth75

Post by melkor_morgoth75 » Wed May 03, 2006 10:18 am

Jambo wrote:
melkor_morgoth75 wrote:Interesting ... how can i do that? Sorry but never done before  :oops:

mm75
For all things UEP, visit the Optional Rules forum and check out the stickied topics at the top of the forum.  It should be relatively self-explanatory.
Ok, thanks but i have a question here ... are all those UEP legal for example in the world championship? Or they are just legal for "who wants" to accept them for their council?

mm75

Jaded

Post by Jaded » Wed May 03, 2006 12:02 pm

Jambo wrote: I agree that the automatic cancelling ability of the unprotected wizardhaven would be overrided.
Do you agree that changing site's type removes site's special abilities, or just in this case?
Jambo wrote: Can this card be duplicated on any given site giving two automatic attacks in the process?
Yes, it's not easy, you should change it's type first (to  :B:  :S:  :H: ) so the card is again playable.
Jambo wrote: What happens if Guarded Haven is subsequently played on a wizardhaven that already has Nature's Revenge on it?  My assumption is this couldn't be done since the wizardhaven has become a  :R:
If it's still :R: you cannot play GH

Zarathustra

Post by Zarathustra » Wed May 03, 2006 12:59 pm

The NetRep, Chad Martin, makes rulings that are as official as anything can be.  Of course, you may play by any rules you like, but at Worlds we use the NetRep's rulings, and many national councils do so as well (the Italian one included, as far as I know).

melkor_morgoth75

Post by melkor_morgoth75 » Wed May 03, 2006 1:05 pm

Zarathustra wrote:The NetRep, Chad Martin, makes rulings that are as official as anything can be.  Of course, you may play by any rules you like, but at Worlds we use the NetRep's rulings, and many national councils do so as well (the Italian one included, as far as I know).
That is what i wanted to know  :wink:  In fact in italian council we'll follow "all standard games&rules" ...

Ok, so ... it seems that NR is a must against ANY FW decks  :wink:

mm75

Bandobras Took

Post by Bandobras Took » Wed May 03, 2006 1:27 pm

Jaded wrote:
Jambo wrote: Can this card be duplicated on any given site giving two automatic attacks in the process?
Yes, it's not easy, you should change it's type first (to  :B:  :S:  :H: ) so the card is again playable.
Actually, since, Nature's Revenge has that lovely "normally" when it refers to :B: and :S:, it doesn't matter what the site currently is.
melkor_morgoth75 wrote: Ok, so ... it seems that NR is a must against ANY FW decks
Not really.  It won't work at all against Isengard (go figure) or Rhosgobel, since they're not in Wildernesses.  You have to set up your hazard portion to change the region type before you can play it on Isengard, and more often than not it'll be protected by then.  Rhosgobel starts protected.  Fallen Gandalf normally has to do with Free-Holds, and you don't find too many of those in Wildernesses, either.

melkor_morgoth75

Post by melkor_morgoth75 » Wed May 03, 2006 2:24 pm

The problem is that work with NOT Wizardhaven version of Isegard with Hidden Haven  :wink:

And that was my deck for the championship  :cry:

mm75