Highwayman attacks! - Bringing Characters into Play

Ask any question regarding the game's (official) rules

Moderators: Jambo, Moderators

Konrad Klar

Post by Konrad Klar » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:34 pm

I completely fail to find that additional limitation for Orcs/Trolls.
Bad Company says that Orcs/Trolls may be played and may be in starting company. First overrides:
White Hand, Special Orc & Troll Rules wrote:You may not play Orc and Troll characters until you have played the appropriate
card (e.g., Bad Company).
Second overrides... what?
Maybe you conclude existence of such limitation from text of Bad Company? I.e. if something is allowed by Bad Company, this means that it must be normally forbidden?

Now I see, that because Thrall of The Voice contains phrase: "Such a character may also be in your starting company." that may itself override MELE limitations for agents, reference to the agent is not necessary.
It is like "discard character and all non-follower cards he controls".
This indicate that card was prepared to be working in such way, but if character is discarded, all non-follwer cards he controls are automatically discarded too.
So "discard character" is sufficient and "and all non-follower cards he controls" redundant.

EDIT:
I've found:
White Hand, Getting Ready to Play, Starting Characters wrote:However, you may not start Orc and Troll characters unless you start with an appropriate stage resource card (e.g., Bad Company).
:oops:
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.

Jambo

Post by Jambo » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:46 am

Konrad Klar wrote:Now I see, that because Thrall of The Voice contains phrase: "Such a character may also be in your starting company." that may itself override MELE limitations for agents, reference to the agent is not necessary.
I realise I didn't make this clear enough in previous posts.

Next question - do you think TotV also overrides agent homesite during play, i.e. not during character pool?
Konrad Klar wrote:EDIT:
I've found:
White Hand, Getting Ready to Play, Starting Characters wrote:However, you may not start Orc and Troll characters unless you start with an appropriate stage resource card (e.g., Bad Company).
Glad you found it.
Visit the Optional Rules forum and try out the community accepted Unofficial Errata.

Konrad Klar

Post by Konrad Klar » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:58 pm

Jambo wrote: Next question - do you think TotV also overrides agent homesite during play, i.e. not during character pool?
Yes. If agent is played at wizardhaven. Otherwise there is nothing to override.
"Such a character may also be in your starting company."
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.