tournament

Ask any question regarding the game's (official) rules

Moderators: Jambo, Moderators

Talrun

tournament

Post by Talrun » Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:51 pm

hi all,

In tournament, two player wizard ! and the same wizard ! he decided to roll the dice and the greater choose is wizard and add 3 copies of this in deck or only and always 2 wizard and 1 another ?

A wizard against a minions ? always 2 and 1 or immediately 3 wizard ?

For a balrog deck the faction, ally,... play a moria ! The faction or item, ... count as normaly point or not ?

thanks a lot

I hope i clear !

Talrun

Sauron_the_Great
Location: Alfter, Germany (normally Barad-Dur, Mordor but I'm on holidays at the moment)

Post by Sauron_the_Great » Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:27 pm

Hi Stephane!

If you're playing against another wizard, you may have three copies of the same wizard in your deck (but that's a sort of gambling...) or two and one copies of your wizards. This is choosen by you when you design your deck vs. wizards. The dice rolling to determine who plays his favorite wizard is new to me.

If you're playing against a Fallen-Wizard and he says "I'm Fallen-Palando" (for example), then you're not allowed to play Pallando as your wizard. But you may exchange any copy of Pallando (the wizard card) in your deck against another wizard. If two Fallen-Wizard-players want to play the same Fallen-Wizard (occured on Lure'04, both players wanted to be Gandalf)...hope the best that you draw and play your Wizard first, otherwise you're screwed...

If you're playing against minions, you have the same possibilities (3 each or 2 and 1), but since you're guaranteed your favorite wizard, it would be silly not to include three copies of him.

If you're playing balrog, stinker and Orcs of Moria count full for you. The only things which don't count for any points for balrog players are those hero items (dwarven-lightstone and noldo-lantern), which are playable at any underdeeps-site...but you can play those to tap the site and play afterwards these ring minor items from MEAS, followed by rumour of the one which makes these ring items worth at least 1 MP...

I hope this helps you a little bit...

Yours, Markus

Strider

Post by Strider » Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:29 am

I believe the roll for wizard is an optional rule, and have used it myself before.
"You can't stop the signal."

Yü-Gung

Re: tournament

Post by Yü-Gung » Thu Jul 15, 2004 8:05 am

Talrun wrote:hi all,

In tournament, two player wizard ! and the same wizard ! he decided to roll the dice and the greater choose is wizard and add 3 copies of this in deck or only and always 2 wizard and 1 another ?
If both players are playing the Hero alignment, the wizards are not declared before playing, so there is no need for rolling dice. Both players may include whatever wizards in their deck, 3 copies of the same wizard or 2 copies of one and one other wizard, their choice.

In the case of Fallen Wizards, they are declared beforehand. When a fallen wizard declares a certain wizards, a hero player may not play that corresponding hero wizard during the game. The hero player may replace all copies of that wizard in his deck with copies of another wizard.

When two players declare the same fallen wizard, they will both try to play that fallen wizard, and probably the player that gets his wizard out first will win the game.
A wizard against a minions ? always 2 and 1 or immediately 3 wizard ?
3 copies of the same wizard or 2 copies of one and one other wizard, wizard player's choice.
For a balrog deck the faction, ally,... play a moria ! The faction or item, ... count as normaly point or not ?
For a Balrog player all resources give marshalling points like they would do for a Ringwraith.