Fallen Saruman and Wormtongue

Discuss the way <b>you</b> play (strategy, etc., etc.)

Moderators: Jambo, Moderators

Bandobras Took

Fallen Saruman and Wormtongue

Post by Bandobras Took » Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:12 am

Have to make sure someone stays at your Wizardhaven? &nbsp;Got the influence blues?

Put Wormtongue in your deck as a hazard agent. &nbsp;Fish him out with Nobody's Friend and play him at Isengard face up. &nbsp;You now have, at absolutely not cost to any influence, a placeholder for your Wizardhaven so that you can stick Saruman's Machinery somewhere. &nbsp;This allows your other company, and even Saruman himself, to go wherever the devil they want on the map without fear (relatively).

Just watch our for Withdrawn to Mordor. :)

Moria tour guide

Post by Moria tour guide » Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:30 am

How can an agent keep a protected site in play?

I see that to play Saruman's Machinery, you need a protected wizardhaven.

So I cannot see you statement being correct if I have not missed anything.

Thanks.

Bandobras Took

Post by Bandobras Took » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:17 am

Because Isengard is Wormtongue's home site. &nbsp;As long as Isengard is on the table, you can play whatever you want to target it -- Fortress of the Isen, Saruman's Machinery, whatever. &nbsp;It doesn't matter who's there as long as Isengard is on the table. &nbsp;Wormtongue doesn't have to move there; he can start there as it's his home site. &nbsp;The only thing you've got to watch out for, as I said, is Withdrawn to Mordor, which will force his discard. &nbsp;It's a risk, but one that frees up influence and keeps Isengard on the table without giving your opponent an extra two hazards/turn.

This trick, of course, presupposes that your company -- as well as Saruman -- are going to be off in some other corner of Middle Earth. &nbsp;If you're planning on having your main company stay at Isengard, it's not that useful.

|Highwayman|

Post by |Highwayman| » Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:44 pm

i think it has yet to be clarified if you can play resources on your sites in play for hazard purposes (like hosting prisoner capturing cards, or agents)

and another remark is that cuz you can have multiple copies of your havens in your location deck you can have both an agent and a company there - use one copy for the company and one for the agent

Bandobras Took

Post by Bandobras Took » Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:30 am

|Highwayman| wrote: and another remark is that cuz you can have multiple copies of your havens in your location deck you can have both an agent and a company there - use one copy for the company and one for the agent
Good point. &nbsp;However, if you're going to be hanging around your Wizardhaven anyway, you don't really need a placeholder. &nbsp;Having an Agent be your placeholder is a trick more suitable for a deck based on having your company somewhere other than the Gap of Isen.

Bandobras Took

Post by Bandobras Took » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:14 pm

These tricks were overruled in a recent CoE digest:

Site cards placed with an agent are reserved for their use.

Also, a FW player must use Hero Sites for agents, so Wormtongue cannot come into play at the Wizardhaven version of Isengard.