Two Big Bluffs

Discuss the way <b>you</b> play (strategy, etc., etc.)

Moderators: Jambo, Moderators

Zarathustra

Two Big Bluffs

Post by Zarathustra » Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:14 pm

I've tried this once or twice and, depending on how well your opponent knows you (and your deck) and how good you are at bluffing, it can be quite effective.

Play a deck with 2 or 3 Rumour of Wealth in it, but don't play any dragon creatures. The trick is to play the Rumour on the site face up (rather than the normal on guard) and bluff your opponent into not entering the site because he doesn't want to get crushed by a dragon.

If he does call your bluff and you have nothing, then it's time to pull a clever double bluff: sideboard over Itangast, and play another Rumour of Wealth face up on the his site. This time he'll most likely not even think twice, allowing you to squish him under the mighty claws of Itangast himself.

Not the sort of thing you want to try often....

MRA

Jambo

Post by Jambo » Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:47 pm

HEhe, speaking of bluffs, here's one of the best and sweetest that I've ever pulled off... and it was all thanks to Rolled Down to the Sea (RDttS).

RDttS is arguably one of the most essential sb cards, staple in most players decks or sbs. Well, here's the deal:

Instead of starting with a minor item, start with 1 whispers/rumours of rings, and then in your first two turns sb over a couple of rings (Dwarven and Magic for instance). At the sight of this your opponent will most likely sb over their Rolled Down to the Sea as soon as the opportunity arises.

For this to be worth its while, you will have to make sure you're using a wizard/RW that allows you to increase your handsize This can be combined with collecting Emerald of the Mariner (H) or playing While the Yellow Face Sleeps (M). Then when your cunningly included Will Shakens come along keep them in reserve and in waiting for just the right moment.

I've only tried this once, but Epic took the bait and when he looked at my hand he was happily presented with 2 Will Shakens and -4 MPs. Great fun and a great surprise. :twisted:

Regards
J

Zarathustra

Post by Zarathustra » Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:52 pm

He liked that trick a lot... he pulled it on me later, only he showed my all three Will Shakens :!: :!: :!:

This trick should probably go under another topic heading. It's a good one.

MRA

Epic

Post by Epic » Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:09 pm

:wink: