Agents

Discuss the way <b>you</b> play (strategy, etc., etc.)

Moderators: Jambo, Moderators

Gorrath

Agents

Post by Gorrath » Sat May 10, 2008 2:55 pm

I've never used agents in a deck. When sorting my cards last week I thought I should try this someday, but I was wondering it they were useful enough.

So, are they good enough to waste cards slots for them?

Is it better to make a deck around agents or just put an anget or two in a deck?

Thanks

Bandobras Took

Post by Bandobras Took » Sat May 10, 2008 3:26 pm

Take a look at Pilfer Anything Unwatched. &nbsp;Combined with Mistress Lobelia or Firiel, that can completely screw so many hero decks it's not even funny. &nbsp;To Get You Away can be an Astonishing card, especially combined with Chill Them With Fear from the Lidless Eye set, which affects agent attacks.

That being said, Agents generally require a lot of attention to detail and a fairly good sense of deck flow. &nbsp;I myself am somewhat lacking in both these areas, so I often go for simpler hazard ideas.

Leon

Post by Leon » Tue May 13, 2008 9:23 am

Occasionally I put in a couple of agents if my hazard deck is not totally focused on one creature type. The advantage of agents is that they are very easily playable and stay on table as a potential deathtrap. Remember a face-down agent at his home site receives +5/+1 attacking chooses defending characters.

Baduila is one of the greatest, a guaranteed wasted turn for any opponent moving near his home by sending a group back. Also, if you have hazard limit left over you can move the agents and see if they ever arrive at your opponent.

For a more complicated agent strategy you need a lot of experience to get stuff working. I think the most impressive thing I ever saw was My Precious capturing Aragorn at Mount Doom with To Get You Away.

Jambo

Post by Jambo » Tue May 13, 2008 10:05 am

Ranger agents combined with Inner Cunning, Nobody's Friend and Seek Without Success is also a good way to screw around with your opponent's companies.
Visit the Optional Rules forum and try out the community accepted Unofficial Errata.

Bandobras Took

Post by Bandobras Took » Tue May 13, 2008 1:50 pm

Nimloth's the best for that one, as she has a home site of a free-hold and a home site of a shadow-hold.