[minion; vs. hero/fw] AkhoraKILL

List and discuss your decks under construction or already in use.

Moderators: Tegarend, Moderators

Vastor Peredhil

Post by Vastor Peredhil » Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:13 pm

the problem is most people do not care for opponent's deck (only to drop the hazards from the hand on his characters) and when their opponent shows up at their site they realize the just might get their ass wiped, Anyhow a good defence get your Wizard a descent weapon and go for the ringwraith to kick his ass. but what for CC since the malady deck still has pleanty of corrution cards paired with the malady as you have him on toast your other campanies might actually do something

mfg Nicolai

asphalt

Post by asphalt » Wed May 06, 2009 7:58 am

Vastor Peredhil wrote:Anyhow a good defence get your Wizard a descent weapon and go for the ringwraith to kick his ass.
I tried that when I first faced this deck, but I regretted that: my company declared cvcc on the lone (tapped) Ako, with an untapped Eowyn bravely wielding Glamdring and already enjoying the satisfaction of murdering the enemy but... cvcc was canceled by a Tormented Earth.  :evil:
In the following turn, Ako didn't even have to bother moving: he just stayed in Isengard and swept away my company w/ maladies and cvcc (including Bilbo).
As you can guess, that was one of the 6-0 victories at 2006 italian nats mentioned a few posts before.  :)

My suggestion is moving each turn your company from east to west (and viceversa) of the misty mountains, in order to force ako moving 3 or 4 times in a turn (the more he moves, the more you draw), and recycle rivers w/ outposts: 1 river can always resolve unless your opp has 3 deeper shadows, since you can play river, then respond to the first deeper shadow w/ another river.
Another idea can be moving to the dragon lands and play ahunt dragons if the RW chases you there. Itangast or Smaug ahunt can seriously harm an Ako in fell rider if he has no cancelers in hand.

The safest defense remains sticking to the coast or dropping underdeep, of course, as already pointed out, if your strategy is flexible enough to allow you for that. ;)

Bandobras Took

Post by Bandobras Took » Wed May 06, 2009 12:53 pm

Other defenses include Hero resource cards that create sites -- Akhorahil can't move to Wondrous Maps/Morannon. :)

Ringbearer

Post by Ringbearer » Thu May 07, 2009 12:27 am

HAvensquat also helps, as well as coasting and underdeeps. FW can safely go to wizardhavens as they cannot be maladied.
Player of killer hazards no-one else ever dares to play :D