[hero; vs minion] Characterless deck (for GuildCompanion?)

List and discuss your decks under construction or already in use.

Moderators: Tegarend, Moderators

Zarathustra

Post by Zarathustra » Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:54 pm

Not a bad change. How many turns do you typically go before dropping your first character in?

Also, you know that you can only play 1 Waybread at Lorien, then it taps? Sort of ruins that part of the trick :(.

MRA

Lord Leuber

Post by Lord Leuber » Sun Jun 13, 2004 4:09 pm

Typically, I play it in turn 1 or 2 already, also as I want to get started with the Waybreads. So that's why I said I ruined that 'slowing down the opponent' part of the deck as he can get started laying down on-guards and permanent events on those turns. :?

And oh, I play the characters one at a time, at a new, untapped copy of Lorien and then merge them. AFAIK that is a legal 'haven untapping' trick so long as your wizard is either not in play or at that haven as well? 8)

Anyway, that's how I manage to end up with enough Waybread to make it to Mount Doom and back, and still have something left for the Sackville-Bagginses... :lol: :merry: :pippin:

Zarathustra

Post by Zarathustra » Sun Jun 13, 2004 4:17 pm

And oh, I play the characters one at a time, at a new, untapped copy of Lorien and then merge them. AFAIK that is a legal 'haven untapping' trick so long as your wizard is either not in play or at that haven as well?
Not quite. You can play a new character at a new copy of the haven is the wizard is not in play, but he must be played at the wizard's site if he is in play, so only half your trick works. Still, it shouldnt be that big of a deal. If you drop one non-wizard character at lorien the first turn, he can get a bread. Then the beard comes in the next turn and grabs another. That gives you two, which aint bad. I suppose a third could be gotten if you split the company and discarded a character (the only one left) at the tapped site. Other than that though, I dont see any way to do it.

MRA

Lord Leuber

Post by Lord Leuber » Sun Jun 13, 2004 4:19 pm

Hhm... that sucks, as the main idea of getting the breads was to get the Black Arrows from tapping the site, with which I take out the dragon... :(

Librarian

Post by Librarian » Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:41 am

Zarathustra wrote:
And oh, I play the characters one at a time, at a new, untapped copy of Lorien and then merge them. AFAIK that is a legal 'haven untapping' trick so long as your wizard is either not in play or at that haven as well?
Not quite. You can play a new character at a new copy of the haven is the wizard is not in play, but he must be played at the wizard's site if he is in play, so only half your trick works.
You sure about that?
Van in Ruling Digest 580 wrote:“If your Ringwraith is in play, your Ringwraith (or a character with enough direct influence to control the character to be played) must be at the site at which the character is to be played." p.20 MELE - "When you play a character, you may place him into a company already at his arrival site _or_ he may become a new company (consisting of one character)." So, if your Ringwraith/Wizard is at a haven, you may play a character at another copy of the same haven.

Lord Leuber

Post by Lord Leuber » Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:43 am

Wow, hope glares on the horizon for my Waybread / Black Arrow trick! :D

Old Tuk

Post by Old Tuk » Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:47 pm

Oh man, this is surely the strangest deck i`ve ever seen...!

Will play and report about it. I`m curious about seeing my opponents face when I declare that I don`t draw characters...

Thanx for posting this one.

Jose-san

Post by Jose-san » Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:36 pm

I've tried it today against hero and it worked quite well. I only had one Longbottom but it didn't matter. I played Gandy on 4th turn and use him that turn and the next one to bring 5 cards to discard pile from sideboard. I didn't need the Favor because on fifth turn I exhausted first time and exchanged another 5 cards. In turns 7 and 8th I played the whole combo. 36 points in the end. I could have going on but it was pointless :p