ICE Promo map updated!

Anything MeCCG that does not have a forum... yet

Moderator: Moderators

Vastor Peredhil

Post by Vastor Peredhil » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:36 am

No it is not, the Worthy Hills are a naked hill outcroping in the Eryn Vorn (that is why the Woses of Eryn Vorn are playable at the site). The Eryn Vorn is a forest on the tip off the peninsula of Cardolan. Hope this helps

ElricX

Post by ElricX » Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:41 pm

ok thanks for the info... I think I have found the right place on the map...

ElricX

Post by ElricX » Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:47 am

Hi everybody, I'm working on a new version of the promo map. In very high quallity. I have start from the original map made by Jo Hartwig. I have rebuild the map with new site icon made in illustrator. And all text on the new made are made with the original font who are called "Lithos Pro".

I hopy I can give it to the community for Christmas... I very think this version of the promo map willbe the reference for the future...

:wink:

pferris

Post by pferris » Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:59 am

Love your work - I cant wait for the next release

Leon

Post by Leon » Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:10 am

Nice work on the maps. I have a little thing to add: there is a connection between Dagorlad and Udun for minions  (the gates at Morannon i believe)

ElricX

Post by ElricX » Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:21 pm

any other else can confirm this information?

Peter

Post by Peter » Sat Dec 24, 2005 4:02 pm

There is a connection like that on the symbolic map (http://www.meccg.net/netherlands/meccg/ ... _card1.pdf).

Gwaihir
Founder, dev. lead

Post by Gwaihir » Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:00 am

Yes, the Black Gate is open to minions.

:!: Note that agents follow the movement options of their player, so agents played by a hero / FW cannot move through the Morannon.

(Both these facts can be verified in the CRF)
Gwaihir.net - The Middle-earth CCG store
May the wind under your wings bear your where the sun sails and the moon walks -- J.R.R.T.

Zarathustra

Post by Zarathustra » Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:43 am

Uh... actually, I think that if you verify in the CRF, you'll find that agents follow the rules for minions....

Gwaihir
Founder, dev. lead

Post by Gwaihir » Sun Dec 25, 2005 3:08 am

Zarathustra wrote:Uh... actually, I think that if you verify in the CRF, you'll find that agents follow the rules for minions....
:roll: Ok, be my guest :D. Looser buys the beer next time we meet?
May the wind under your wings bear your where the sun sails and the moon walks -- J.R.R.T.

Zarathustra

Post by Zarathustra » Sun Dec 25, 2005 3:57 am

Sounds good, my friend.

From WH Rules Insert:
USING SITES FOR AGENTS - When moving an Agent                 hazard, a Fallen-wizard player must use hero site cards. If the minion version of a site card is in play or in your discard pile, your agents may not use or reveal the hero version of that site.
From CRF ruling by term "Fallen Wizard":
Fallen-wizards use Ringwraith rules for agents.

So.....

I'll have a Dos Equis or Tecate or other form of Austrian-Mexican beer.

With a slice of lime of course.

;)

Gwaihir
Founder, dev. lead

Post by Gwaihir » Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:13 pm

All very interesting, but:
CRF, by term, Agent wrote:If you are a Ringwraith, your agents may move as if Dagorlad and Udûn are adjacent.
A Grolsch please, my usual :D

Zarathustra

Post by Zarathustra » Sun Dec 25, 2005 3:50 pm

I'm sorry, how does that contradict my above point?  :?  :roll:

I'm actually kind of confused now....

Gwaihir
Founder, dev. lead

Post by Gwaihir » Sun Dec 25, 2005 7:14 pm

Confused? Yeah, so am I!

Ok.. lets try again: First, I said agents follow the movement options of their players, thus leaving the Morannon closed to the agents of heroes and fallen-wizards. Then, you deny this and say they always move as minions.

Then, when asked, you 'prove' this point by actually contradicting that, as you show an FWs agents use hero sites, but you also find in the CRF that FWs use minion rules for agents - this to some yet to be determined extent as you've just shown just before that they do not do so all the way. (Personally I think this is a reference to the way they count as characters in pool and deck. Not sure how far it goes beyond that.)

So, then I go on, look it up, and find what I expected to find: when you're a ringwraith your agents can move through the Black Gate. This at least makes clear to me that a hero's agents indeed cannot, as I stated. It seems it remains to be determined what happens when you're Sauron, the Balrog or a fallen wizard, as each of these claims to follow a ringwraith's rules on agents to some extent and thus possibly copies that if you're a ringwraith clause.

Zarathustra

Post by Zarathustra » Sun Dec 25, 2005 9:23 pm

Then, when asked, you 'prove' this point by actually contradicting that, as you show an FWs agents use hero sites, but you also find in the CRF that FWs use minion rules for agents - this to some yet to be determined extent as you've just shown just before that they do not do so all the way. (Personally I think this is a reference to the way they count as characters in pool and deck. Not sure how far it goes beyond that.)
I don't think I'm contradicting myself.  FWs' agents use hero sites, but that doesn't mean they follow hero movement patterns!  That's why I think the quote I offered on FWs using RW rules for their agents means that FWs' agents can move through the gate.