ICE Promo map updated!

Anything MeCCG that does not have a forum... yet

Moderator: Moderators

Gwaihir
Founder, dev. lead

Post by Gwaihir » Sun Dec 25, 2005 11:19 pm

Zarathustra wrote:FWs' agents use hero sites, but that doesn't mean they follow hero movement patterns!
It doesn't prove your point either. All you have shown is that FWs use ringwraith's rules for agents to some extent, thereby, as I said in my last post, leaving room for interpretation as to what that extent is.

As it stands currently, Brian Wong has ruled on this in CoE digest 10 that the agents of all minion players may move in this fashion (so including Sauron's and Balrog's) and that only the agents of minion players may move in this way, so not FWs ones.

If you want to redebate his filling of the hiatus in the rules, I suggest to take it to the NetRep board. Regardless, your original statement:
Uh... actually, I think that if you verify in the CRF, you'll find that agents follow the rules for minions....
was not correct, as there has never been any doubt that a hero's agents do not follow the rules for minions.
Gwaihir.net - The Middle-earth CCG store
May the wind under your wings bear your where the sun sails and the moon walks -- J.R.R.T.

Zarathustra

Post by Zarathustra » Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:14 am

<bows in defeat>

Gwaihir
Founder, dev. lead

Post by Gwaihir » Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:56 pm

BTW: it is a silly rule, IMHO, as all agents are supposed to be working for evil, right? It came into being because the agents pre-date the minion alignment (i.e. movement through the Black Gate didn't exists yet). And well, we all know how ICE dislikes changing such things later on (25/25 -> 30/30 anyone.. ;)).
May the wind under your wings bear your where the sun sails and the moon walks -- J.R.R.T.

ElricX

Post by ElricX » Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:59 pm

hi all, and what is the FINAL answer to this question?

Gwaihir
Founder, dev. lead

Post by Gwaihir » Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:36 pm

I think we've concluded this was right after all:
Gwaihir wrote:Yes, the Black Gate is open to minions.

:!: Note that agents follow the movement options of their player, so agents played by a hero / FW cannot move through the Morannon.

ElricX

Post by ElricX » Wed Dec 28, 2005 12:18 am

ok thanks!

pferris

Post by pferris » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:59 am

Any news on the new versions of the two maps?

ElricX

Post by ElricX » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:27 pm

Hi everybody! With a couple of month late... I have finished the map at 95%!

I think I can release the map (hero version) during the first part of March.

I also planned to do a french version of the hero map.

I will put tomorrow a preview of the map.. on this topic!

Sorry for the long delay!

(With a new baby, some priority have been changed!)

ElricX

Post by ElricX » Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:49 pm

[mod note]Please see two posts down for comments[/mod]

Everybody have waiting for.... and the moment are finally come. The map is finished! &nbsp;I'ts a Very high quality map. 100x better than the original promo map available on the web. With this map you will be able to print 11inch by 17inch.

If you have any comments and/or suggestions contact me.

Please share this map for the benefit of everyone....

To download the high quality file click on the url below:
<removed>

P.S. I'm made this map for a non-profit use.

pferris

Post by pferris » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:40 am

Does the URL work for anyone else?

Keeps failing for me

Gwaihir
Founder, dev. lead

Post by Gwaihir » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:09 am

pferris wrote:Does the URL work for anyone else?

Keeps failing for me
Nope, but I'm afraid we'll have to leave it at that, as this is taking it rather far from the original freely spread promotional map. This nicely bordered and indeed much bigger map was available as a big poster and as a puzzle (both without the overlay with region borders and types, that's ElricX's hard work), but sold seperately and never spread freely. I'm afraid we have no rights to start doing so now, as I'm sure the tiny print one can see in the bottom border has told ElricX from the start.

I've left most of the original post (two posts up) in tact, as I feel sorry because of all the work and enthousiasm that went in. I'll also discuss our position a bit further with my fellow moderators, but I fear there's little we can do.

ElricX

Post by ElricX » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:56 am

I'm willing to contact the guys who having the rights of the map....but I'm not able to find her contact info....

If anybody can help me with that.....

I have ever wanted to do a "legal" promomap but when we are not able to contact the author of the orginal artwork....it's difficult...to obtain the permission!!!:?

If I removed the border and the picture of cards... it will be more legal? Originaly, the promomap was based on the same artwork no? Otherwise I will stop the project. (I will use the map for my personnal use)

Sorry for everybody ! I don't want to give problem to the staff of www.meccg.net

I have started with a good intention... &nbsp;:oops:

Sly Southerner

Post by Sly Southerner » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:28 am

Is this a hero only map or minion /FW as well?
So that's where that southerner is hiding...He looks more than half like a goblin.

pferris

Post by pferris » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:33 am

hero only at this time

dulcaoin

New Starting Point?

Post by dulcaoin » Mon May 29, 2006 3:34 pm

I ran across this site, almost by accident this morning:

http://www.lords-of-blah.nl/mearth/mearthmap.html

While I really appreciate the work Patrick put into the earlier map (it's gorgeous), this might be a very good starting point for a new play map (see the link for the color version!). &nbsp;It wouldn't "ring true" to the existing maps, but the rights issues should be greatly lessened (these have been up online for a long time without any challenge, it looks like). &nbsp;With some Corel Draw work, you could turn the map into nearly anything you wanted, and it's going to be highly accurate and scalable to whatever output format your end-user has available.

(There might be some issues with the extreme North and South areas -- but they should be minor issues, I'd imagine, compared to the value inherent here)

Regardless, a must-see for most folks reading this, I imagine (VERY nice scaleable vector maps of Middle-earth, in .PDF and Corel Draw formats, with links to other goodies, including a color version someone else dressed up).

EDIT: scratch what I said about with the extreme North and South -- those comments were based on my printout of the color version, the original has MORE map area than the MeCCG maps do.