CoE Newsletter: August 2006

Anything MeCCG that does not have a forum... yet

Moderator: Moderators

Zarathustra

CoE Newsletter: August 2006

Post by Zarathustra » Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:51 pm

Many thanks to Joe Bisz for his dogged work in editing this document -- the first in what is planned to be a long line of newsletters from the Council of Elrond.

We on CoE hope that you will follow this link and enjoy the newsletter, and that you will support it by telling others about it and submitting your own letters-to-the-editor and articles.

Sincerely,

Mark Alfano (CoE Chair)

[Edit, Gwaihir - Jan 17 '06: updated URL per Stefan's hint below]

_nauku_

Post by _nauku_ » Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:21 pm

Thumbs up for this project.
The newsletter was very interesting to read.  I enjoyed all articles, especially "gollum's grotto" and "play of the month".
Only negative thing has to do with layout. It's quite annoing jumping over pictures while reading, like at page 3.

Keep up the good work!

-Tomi
Council of Barad-dur website www.meccg.net/cob

Eyelid

Post by Eyelid » Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:15 pm

Yes, I concur! Kudos to Mark and Joe on an outstanding effort (and thanks to the other contributors of course).

I'd just like to point out that the html links do not seem to work. I'm running the latest version of Acrobat, so I suspect the problem lies elsewhere.
Specifically, I was hoping to download Joe Bisz's Play and Examples File (version 3.0); I also tried to locate it on the forum, but to no avail.

Does anyone know where this file might be? I still have a copy of version 1.0 of this file, so I'm only too anxious to read this new version!

Thanks.

Adrian

Gwaihir
Founder, dev. lead

Post by Gwaihir » Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:31 pm

Indeed, good stuff!
Eyelid wrote:I'd just like to point out that the html links do not seem to work.
Same here; none of them work for me.
Specifically, I was hoping to download Joe Bisz's Play and Examples File (version 3.0); I also tried to locate it on the forum, but to no avail.

Does anyone know where this file might be?
I hope it will be around here soon; probably here in general, or on the rules forum. It seems Joe overlooked that the judge certification board is a private one for the folks in that program only. There are some questions about the file still, in particular on the bold approval claims made, about which I couldn't find anything. I hope Joe will resolve these soon. -- Edit: the file now awaits your download on top of the rules board.
Last edited by Gwaihir on Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gwaihir.net - The Middle-earth CCG store
May the wind under your wings bear your where the sun sails and the moon walks -- J.R.R.T.

Sauron

Post by Sauron » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:57 pm

Download the pdf to your computer and then open it.  I couldn't open it directly.  I'm using Acrobat 6.0

alfon82

Post by alfon82 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:54 pm

Great job with the newsletter, I hope to see them coming every month!! I agree that the layout could be improved, and also some links dont work. The ones that are complete web addresses are fine, but there are some links that say something like "get it HERE", and that HERE doesnt work as a link...I hope you know what I mean. Good job anyway.

Thorsten the Traveller

Post by Thorsten the Traveller » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:16 am

Yes great work! Mark, did you dump your girlfriend, with all the time you've been putting in meccg lately? Or did you get maried?  :lol:
I just googled Coucil of Elrond (normally use the links), didn't know there were so many CoE's around....pitty.
'Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo

Zarathustra

Post by Zarathustra » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:38 pm

The doc has been updated so that the links can be followed (I hope!).  Sorry for any confusion with the original.  The updated version is at the same url as the original. :D

Sly Southerner

Post by Sly Southerner » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:23 am

A truly excellent piece of work Mark. Thanks for taking the time to do it. Its good to see that you are doing something to earn your fat salary as Chairman!  :D  :D  :wink:
So that's where that southerner is hiding...He looks more than half like a goblin.

Zarathustra

Post by Zarathustra » Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:07 pm

Don't thank me -- thank Joe!  He put in hours of editing work!

Also: don't thank me -- write an article yourself!  We accept submissions from non-council members ;) ;)

fanfarian

Post by fanfarian » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:56 pm

New URL: Newsletter 1
Suche Spieler im Raum VS, Germany
Webmaster www.councilofelrond.org