Can anyone help me with GCCG?

Anything MeCCG that does not have a forum... yet

Moderator: Moderators

Marcos

Can anyone help me with GCCG?

Post by Marcos » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:02 pm

Hi you all, someone knows me from gccg maybe someone not, but i have a problem now that i bought a new PC. I tryed to install GCCG several times from the "windows general installer" from gccg official page, then when i click metw.bat to enter the program it says that is not a win32 valid aplication  8O

someone can help me with this problem? i would like to play again with people from all around the world  :wink:

thanks
Marcos

Sauron

Post by Sauron » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:47 pm

Can you provide more information?

Marcos

Post by Marcos » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:00 pm

What kind of information do you need to know???

Sauron

Post by Sauron » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:34 pm

What package you downloaded, your OS, the directories you installed the program into.  Which Batch files you ran, anything and everything you can provide will help me figure out your issue.

Gwaihir
Founder, dev. lead

Post by Gwaihir » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:31 pm

Spotted Marcos inside GCCG just now :D

Reinstalling did the trick, he said.
Gwaihir.net - The Middle-earth CCG store
May the wind under your wings bear your where the sun sails and the moon walks -- J.R.R.T.

Marcos

Post by Marcos » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:42 pm

i ran gccg 2 or 3 times and seemed to work fine, but now that error shows up again when i try to enter the program...  :?
that sh*t works only when it wants... i installed gccg on c:\marcos\gccg\
clicked on install metw.bat, then run the program with metw.bat and that window apeear:
C:\marcos\gccg\ccg_client.exe is not a valid win32 aplication
i didn't installed metw cards because i have them on another folder.

my OS is windows XP my pc is a pentium D 2.80 GHZ 512 MBram... i dunno what other information i can provide

Jeek

Post by Jeek » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:41 pm

This sounds very much like the error you would get if the header files on the executable were damaged, or the wrong version. That is were the error comes from. It looks at the header and checks the "size" against the size of the executables image. I would use a tool, we use PE explorer at work (free), to check the header, then download a new installer just in case. Seems strange that its intermitant though.

Bruce

Gwaihir
Founder, dev. lead

Post by Gwaihir » Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:04 pm

Could there be something else, like a virus infecting the program, causing that mismatch? That could explain how a fresh install makes it go away, only to show up again a while later, when whatever is loose on the system got the fresh install too.
Gwaihir.net - The Middle-earth CCG store
May the wind under your wings bear your where the sun sails and the moon walks -- J.R.R.T.

Jeek

Post by Jeek » Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:32 pm

Tough to say, about all I can think of not being in front of it is check your windows installation, check for a virus, and check the installer. Could be a virus I guess, but I don't know enough about how they work to say. I'll wait and see what he says about using a different installer.

Bruce