Which Nazgûl has the best event ability?

Anything MeCCG that does not have a forum... yet

Moderator: Moderators

Which Nazgûl do you think has the overall best event ability?

Witch-king of Angmar
6%
Khamul the Easterling
6%
Dwar of Waw
No votes
Indur Dawndeath
No votes
Akhorahil
No votes
Hoarmurath of Dir
3%
Adunaphel
47%
Ren the Unclean
No votes
Uvatha the Horseman
38%

Total votes: 32

Darth Angelus

Which Nazgûl has the best event ability?

Post by Darth Angelus » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:56 pm

Witch-king of Angmar
Unique. Nazgul (1st). ... If played as a permanent-event, it will remain in play until tapped during the opponent's movement/hazard phase (tapping counts against the hazard limit). When tapped, Witch-king of Angmar becomes a long-event and causes all Shadow-holds [S] to become Dark-holds [D].

Khamul the Easterling
Unique. Nazgul (2nd). ... If played as a permanent-event, it will remain in play until tapped during the opponent's movement/hazard phase (tapping counts against the hazard limit). When tapped, Khamul the Easterling becomes a short-event and forces opponent to discard one card of his choice for every Nazgul permanent-event in play (including this one).

Dwar of Waw
Unique. Nazgul (3rd). ... If played as a permanent-event, it will remain in play until tapped during the opponent's movement/hazard phase (tapping counts against the hazard limit). When tapped, Dwar of Waw becomes a short-event and gives +1 prowess to all Wolf, Spider and Animal attacks until the end of the turn.

Indur Dawndeath
Unique. Nazgul (4th). ... If played as a permanent-event, it will remain in play until tapped during the opponent's movement/hazard phase (tapping counts against the hazard limit). When tapped, Indur Dwandeath becomes a short-event and makes any wounded character discard an item (but not a ring).

Akhorahil
Unique. Nazgul (5th). ... If played as a permanent-event, it will remain in play until tapped during the opponent's movement/hazard phase (tapping counts against the hazard limit). When tapped, Akhorahil becomes a short-event and modifies any one character's body by -1 for the rest of this turn.

Hoarmurath of Dir
Unique. Nazgul (6th). ... If played as a permanent-event, it will remain in play until tapped during the opponent's movement/hazard phase (tapping counts against the hazard limit). When tapped, Hoarmurath of Dir becomes a short-event and gives +1 strike to any one attack.

Adunaphel
Unique. Nazgul (7th). ... If played as a permanent-event, it will remain in play until tapped during the opponent's movement/hazard phase (tapping counts against the hazard limit). When tapped, Adunaphel becomes a short-event and causes any one character to tap.

Ren the Unclean
Unique. Nazgul (8th). ... If played as a permanent-event, it will remain in play until tapped during the opponent's movement/hazard phase (tapping counts against the hazard limit). When tapped, Ren the Unclean becomes a short-event: each character in play must make a corruption check.

Uvatha the Horseman
Unique. Nazgul (9th). ... If played as a permanent-event, it will remain in play until tapped during the opponent's movement/hazard phase (tapping counts against the hazard limit). When tapped, Uvatha the Horseman becomes a short-event and you may bring one hazard creature from your discard pile to your hand.

Tolma Silvertoes

Post by Tolma Silvertoes » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:27 pm

...my choice is this one...

Khamul the Easterling
Unique. Nazgul (2nd). ... If played as a permanent-event, it will remain in play until tapped during the opponent's movement/hazard phase (tapping counts against the hazard limit). When tapped, Khamul the Easterling becomes a short-event and forces opponent to discard one card of his choice for every Nazgul permanent-event in play (including this one).

But then, Ive been out of the game for quite some time...but forced discarding is usually crippling in card games.

_nauku_

Post by _nauku_ » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:06 pm

I go for Uvatha. Bringing up the ice-drake or assassin is something that brings smile to my face and tear to opponents eye ;)

But maybe the most efficient little trick is to use some other nazgul to take some creatures from sideboard to discardpile and fetch them with him. Opponent going to Moria and Durin's bane in your sideboard?  :twisted:
Council of Barad-dur website www.meccg.net/cob

jhunholz
Administrator

Post by jhunholz » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:15 pm

Adunaphel.  There's hardly ever a time when tapping an opponent's character isn't a good thing.  While I love most of the Nazgul abilities, I think Adunaphel's is the most easily used.

Zarathustra

Post by Zarathustra » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:31 pm

Adu is the most useful, but others like Indur are sexier....

Ringbearer

Post by Ringbearer » Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:38 pm

I chose more for the Witch-King, cause his ability reflects more an upcoming shadow, making the way free for his minions to attack a company.

Also, less story-wise, it prevents several forms of cheeze.
Player of killer hazards no-one else ever dares to play :D

Wacho

Post by Wacho » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:04 pm

My personal favorite is Hoarmurath.  An extra strike can be essential at times, however Adunaphel I think has the best ability.  It is almost always useful.

thorondor

Post by thorondor » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:08 pm

also voted for adunaphel. boring ...
but i have to admit, that there is rarely a deck without hte female nazgul. and uvatha as well. khamul and ren might be a real pain in the a.. sometimes.
don´t use the other ones very often, except with the khamul machine of course!

Sauron

Post by Sauron » Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:49 pm

Tolma Silvertoes wrote:...my choice is this one...

Khamul the Easterling

But then, Ive been out of the game for quite some time...but forced discarding is usually crippling in card games.
Actually this helps most decks as you cause them to cycle quicker and draw what they need.

Tegarend

Post by Tegarend » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:30 pm

Adunaphel. Although she's usually the one I cut when I haven't got room for her ánd Uvatha.

Morgoth the Black

Post by Morgoth the Black » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:26 am

I voted for Adunaphel too.  Tapping a character IS always good and is especially helpful during the opponents last turn.  
However I am quite a fan of Uvatha and Indur :D

stone troll

Post by stone troll » Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:31 pm

My vote is for Adunaphel cos she is the most versatile.

However, the WK is nice vs. certain minion decks (cough, Red Hills, cough, wolves) :twisted:

Zarathustra

Post by Zarathustra » Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:53 pm

I'm surprised so many people like Uvatha... with his low body and his weak ability (use 2 HL just to get one creature?!), I find him none too useful.  Add to that the fact that he's inexplicably overused, so that you won't be able to play him half the time anyway, and he drops beylow 3 or 4 others on the power scale....

Manuel

Post by Manuel » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:07 am

I don't find Uvatha being the best either BUT there are many situations where you have plenty of hazard limit, and he can quite useful.

However, the main reason why I add him to my decks is because he can get the Mouth to hand ;)

Oh, and hitting in Easterling Campment is nice too.