Leadership

Anything MeCCG that does not have a forum... yet

Moderator: Moderators

Sly Southerner

Leadership

Post by Sly Southerner » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:47 am

In my view leadership is about bringing people together as a team to get the best result for everybody. A good leader leaves ego out of it and works for team harmony, not to create division. When a leadership position is elected this is even more important. Disunity leads to disaffection and this affects how people vote.

I, for one, will be voting with my feet. I have had minimal time to play MECCG recently but until now I have enjoyed browsing and occasionally contributing to the forums. To have two "leaders" in the MECCG community behaving like children has convinced me to spend my time on other pursuits.

I hope you can resolve this amicably.
So that's where that southerner is hiding...He looks more than half like a goblin.

alfon82

Post by alfon82 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:26 pm

I agree absolutely. A solution that unites the community must be reached.

miguel
General manager

Post by miguel » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:33 am

Good news, people. We have pretty much resolved the issue, just working out the details now.  :D

Ringbearer

Post by Ringbearer » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:44 pm

Amen!
Player of killer hazards no-one else ever dares to play :D

Zarathustra

Post by Zarathustra » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:04 am

I am pleased to announce that meccg.net and the CoE have reached an agreement. I have agreed to return to this site, provided that the management of meccg.net:

(1) no longer read or track the private messages of users;
(2) end their "act first / talk later" policy regarding warnings and bans.

I have faith that both of these terms will be met, and that the rift in the community will soon heal.

miguel
General manager

Post by miguel » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:53 pm

The Mod team is happy to announce that Mark Alfano has agreed to abide by the MeCCG.net forum policy and as a consequence the ban against him is now lifted.

In the course of reviewing past situations the Mod team has decided to alter and clarify its policies. The revised moderating guidelines are now for everyone to see here along with the current forum rules which we also hope to update soon. Any feedback on them is highly appreciated. Note that we have also updated our privacy policy found here.  In addition to these changes, the Mod team is evolving with the addition of three new moderators: David Barton, Benjamin Sorensen and Tomi Kareinen.

Furthermore MeCCG.net and the Council of Elrond have agreed to work on reducing overlap between their respective boards. Together we hope to offer the best possible services to the community.