Players in/near Hoorn (Nederlands)

Anything MeCCG that does not have a forum... yet

Moderator: Moderators

chaos butterfly

Players in/near Hoorn (Nederlands)

Post by chaos butterfly » Wed May 02, 2007 8:38 am

I moved to Nederland from Australia, and I was wondering if there are any players near here. I live near Hoorn, but if there's a player group in Alkmaar or anywhere else not too far from here I'd really like to learn to play.
Last edited by chaos butterfly on Wed May 02, 2007 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Leon

Post by Leon » Wed May 02, 2007 10:00 am

Welcome in the Netherlands.

There is a player list on the site of the dutch council http://www.meccg.net/netherlands/meccg/ A lot of people over there are not active anymore, but you can try mailing some of them. Currently I am in Sweden for a few months and I have done the same with mailing a few guys and playing some games.

I live in Enschede myself, but perhaps I will see you some time on a tournament. The next two tournaments in the Netherlands will be in Utrecht on may 19 and Breda on june 23. See the site for more details. I will not be in Utrecht but hope to see you in Breda, since I will be organizing that tournament myself.

Also try the gccg some time, see different parts of the forum for more information on that.

chaos butterfly

Post by chaos butterfly » Wed May 02, 2007 10:59 am

Thanks. :)

I don't think I could actually play in a tournament, but I'd love to come along and observe. I will check out the details.

Leon

Post by Leon » Wed May 02, 2007 11:38 am

Do you know the rules of the game a bit? If you do not have any playable decks you can perhaps borrow a challenge deck, just contact the organizer of a tournament and explain your position. The deck with Radagast is quite playable even in a constructed tournament and I do not think people will mind explaining things during the game. New players are always welcome. You can also observe games, but trying to participate is more fun, even if you will probably end up last if you have little experience.

Ringbearer

Post by Ringbearer » Thu May 03, 2007 8:41 am

Indeed. Feel free to play, and people are more than willing to help.
Player of killer hazards no-one else ever dares to play :D