Angus McBride has passed away

Anything MeCCG that does not have a forum... yet

Moderator: Moderators

The Lidless Eye

Angus McBride has passed away

Post by The Lidless Eye » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:56 am

A sad note to pass along.  Angus McBride, a highly prolific illustrator passed away on May 15 of a heart attack at the age of 76 (http://downthetubescomics.blogspot.com/ ... bride.html) (http://www.ospreypublishing.com/content1.php/cid=387).

Many of us on this board will of course remember Mr. McBride's illustration on the MECCG cards.  In addition, he contributed a number of fantastic covers for MERP games.

On a personal note, I had the pleasure to talk with Mr. McBride a number of times and found him to be a very charming and friendly individual.  Truly a great loss.

Bandobras Took

Post by Bandobras Took » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:31 am

Drat.  The man did a great Frodo.

Jambo

Post by Jambo » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:35 pm

Wow, I never realised how old he was!  I just remember loving his art on all the MERP modules. A great Tolkien artist.  RIP.
Visit the Optional Rules forum and try out the community accepted Unofficial Errata.

Earendil

Post by Earendil » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:31 pm

Jambo wrote:Wow, I never realised how old he was!  I just remember loving his art on all the MERP modules. A great Tolkien artist.  RIP.
True!
Angus McBride will live immortal in his great work.

Wasn't he who disappeared for a long time in Africa? I heard of such a story...
"...And he said that if I had the cheek to make verses about Earendil in the house of Elrond, it was my affair. I suppose he was right :D"

The Lidless Eye

Post by The Lidless Eye » Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:21 am

Wasn't he who disappeared for a long time in Africa? I heard of such a story...
Yeap.  He lived in South Africa for a number of years.  About a year ago he moved back to Ireland to be closer to his childrem.

Fangorn

Post by Fangorn » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:08 pm

I'm really sad because he has always been my favorite illustrator of Middle-earth, especially for the characters he drew.
Hrum, Hoom ! Do not be hasty, that is my motto.