Besides English METW did ICE ever release print run #'s?

Anything MeCCG that does not have a forum... yet

Moderator: Moderators

tbadiuk

Besides English METW did ICE ever release print run #'s?

Post by tbadiuk » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:49 am

Just wondering if the print run sizes for ever released?  I know English limited METW was ~40-45 million  think.  Did they ever release #'s for any other sets or for any of the print runs in any other languages?

For those that have (and maybe still are) in contact with former ICE staff do you think it would be possible to get this info, even if it's just 'ballpark'?  I've always been curious about how many cards were printed.

Ted

sarma72

Post by sarma72 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:58 pm

Regarding that, in fact I was wondering if the council of elrond had some official policy to preserve the number of cards, such as re-creating starter deck or boooster packs in occasion of official draft tournaments.

jhunholz
Administrator

Post by jhunholz » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:33 pm

I'm not sure what you're getting at when you say 'recreating' starter decks.  You mean make new ones (i.e. print new cards?), or do you mean put together fixed packs to use with sealed boosters?  As far as the first, that's not legal so it's far out of the question.  The second one, we've thought about more.  The Council of Lorien (North American council) has discussed using this as a backup plan for when we eventually run out of sealed product.

sarma72

Post by sarma72 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:34 am

Yes, I meant the second one even before running out of cards I would suggest putting together randomly generated booster pack or starting decks from existing cards. Maybe that should be encouraged also at a more local level. NetMetw used to have a nice built in tools to create such lists.

Gwaihir
Founder, dev. lead

Post by Gwaihir » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:30 pm

Right, I think that belongs at the local level. It's little good for your event to have recreated decks available several countries away from you. Distance is the biggest issue right now; there are still starters left in the world, but as the number of sellers is down to a handful the average cost and time of shipping is a significant factor.

Some people are / have been working on 'repacking' already. However, those initiatives I'm aware of have mostly taken the opportunity to find new inventive formats, rather than repack exact starters. I believe that such initiatives have already considerably reduced the amount of starters needed at for example the Lure of MeCCG. This in turn makes the available stock last longer.
Gwaihir.net - The Middle-earth CCG store
May the wind under your wings bear your where the sun sails and the moon walks -- J.R.R.T.