Offline Deck Builder

Anything MeCCG that does not have a forum... yet

Moderator: Moderators

starblind

Offline Deck Builder

Post by starblind » Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:42 pm

Hi!

Recently I am a frequent user of GCCG. Therefore I would like to have a deckbuilder with which you can build decks offline. It would be cool, if you could see all the cards...
I have read, that the old NetMECCG program did have this feature, but I cannot download it, since the site is down...

Help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
german student in Chile

Qapla

Post by Qapla » Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:27 pm

I use a few sheets I made in excel. I built my decks also in excel.
If you are interested I could mail them to you.
HeglumeH QaQ jajvam!

Gwaihir
Founder, dev. lead

Post by Gwaihir » Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:45 pm

I use DeckMeCCG, the deckbuilder that comes with NetMeCCG. GCCG can import its files directly. :) Unfortunately the home page for that program is "in transit for a few weeks" since.. March, I think? Therefore it cannot currently be downloaded.

I've been trying to find the author to offer him a place here, but cannot reach him. I he hasn't resurfaced before I find time to do it, then I guess I should feel free to rebuild his page here (for the time being) without his prior consent. Meanwhile, I have attached the program to this message, so you can download it straight from here (when logged on).
Attachments
NetMeCCG.zip
NetMeCCG install package (note: large file)
(4.52 MiB) Downloaded 99 times
Last edited by Gwaihir on Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gwaihir.net - The Middle-earth CCG store
May the wind under your wings bear your where the sun sails and the moon walks -- J.R.R.T.

Peter

Post by Peter » Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:52 am

There is actually another way, GCCG can be made to run offline too. Probably the best way to do this is to use not your normal account for offline but something like 'test' since I don't know how the interaction between two GCCG servers is when using the same account for both.

Running GCCG offline is a little tricky in the sense that it requires quite a few commands, you'll specifically need at least four command windows.

Note that the following commands must be executed from the main gccg program dir.

First you need to start the factory server with 'ccg_server --load factory-server.triggers metw.xml'. In the second command window you'll need to start the meta server using 'ccg_server --server localhost --load meta-server.triggers metw.xml'. In the third command window you'll want a table server 'ccg_server --server localhost --load server.triggers metw.xml' and in the fourth your client 'Metw.bat --user test --server localhost'.

Peter

Post by Peter » Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:15 am

Forgot something, you will need to install the server package using 'perl gccg_package install server' (hope that's correct, don't have any experience with GCCG under windows).

The decks you create using your 'test' account will also be accessible in your normal account.

Gwaihir
Founder, dev. lead

Post by Gwaihir » Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:42 pm

Actually, the GCCG server doesn't run well on Windows, for unclear reasons (it either doesn't start at all or is rather unstable; I do not recall).

Therefore: DeckMeCCG is the way to go for the windows folks. An off-line GCCG installation (though a little more complex) is currently the way to go for the Linux folks and probably the Mac-crowd as well.
Gwaihir.net - The Middle-earth CCG store
May the wind under your wings bear your where the sun sails and the moon walks -- J.R.R.T.

Yü-Gung

Post by Yü-Gung » Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:29 pm

I just build decks while on-line... the DSL connection is there anyway, why not use it :)

Moonshoon

Post by Moonshoon » Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:34 pm

Hi,
I have freely downloaded a program (I don't remember where) wich can match. I haven't used it yet but I'm sure you can make your deck off line, with all the cards of middle earth. I think the only thing it lacks is filters (like hasards, items,...).
Maybe I can e-mail it.

Moonshoon

Post by Moonshoon » Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:51 am

Hi,
yesterday I had a look on the meccg builder I have, and it hes all the filters you can need, but it doesn't show the MPs of each items/factions/allys. If you have the cards I think it is not a great problem.

Moonshoon

Post by Moonshoon » Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:46 pm

Anyone interested in my offline deck builder ?
C'est curieux chez les marins ce besoin de faire des phrases