GCCG go Boom?

Anything MeCCG that does not have a forum... yet

Moderator: Moderators

Gwaihir
Founder, dev. lead

Post by Gwaihir » Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:45 am

Yeah, if you have trouble of that sort, best just use another name temporarily.

You can add '--user <name>' in the last line of the .bat file that you use to start the game (on windows) or just add '--user <name>' to the command you use to start gccg (on Linux / mac).

Of course, don't type the quotes and replace <name> with the name you wish to use, so on windows that last line of the .bat file for me ends in:

Code: Select all

--user Gwaihir metw.xml
Gwaihir.net - The Middle-earth CCG store
May the wind under your wings bear your where the sun sails and the moon walks -- J.R.R.T.

Bog Wraith

Post by Bog Wraith » Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:43 am

Thanks Wim,

I've logged in now.

JD

Zarathustra

Post by Zarathustra » Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:13 pm

Hmmm.... I still can't login. I just get the "Connection Failed" message, then the screen goes white. How can I connect to the backup server manually?

Gwaihir
Founder, dev. lead

Post by Gwaihir » Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:06 pm

The screen will come back from white to normal. When it doesn, it doesn't show "Connecting to silma.com port ..."? Then you must have a really old client.

You could update that. Or add '--server silma.com' in the .bat; same place.
May the wind under your wings bear your where the sun sails and the moon walks -- J.R.R.T.

Wacho

Post by Wacho » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:02 pm

Main Server is back up!

Woo hoo!

Gwaihir
Founder, dev. lead

Post by Gwaihir » Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:53 pm

Earlier today our master of hardware disaster has managed to destroy something yet again; most likely the new power supply, so we'll have to do without GCCG for now once more.

The backup server isn't currently running either, as the company that hosted it has closed down.

Keep an eye on that sourceforge page if you want to stay up to date.

Gwaihir
Founder, dev. lead

Post by Gwaihir » Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:02 pm

Earlier today all was fixed and is back up. Sorry, no juicy details yet, feel free to gather them and post them here. ;)

Jaded

Post by Jaded » Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:06 am

Gwaihir wrote:Yeah, if you have trouble of that sort, best just use another name temporarily.

You can add '--user <name>' in the last line of the .bat file that you use to start the game (on windows) or just add '--user <name>'
I try tu run it under linux. I can log in as diffrent user, as you suggested(did temporary users misiek,czesiek, wiesiek), I can quit and log again, but when try to log to my old account (exchange to my old .gccg folder) the sreen is black and I get continous same errors like this:
ERROR #623

Code caused exception:
{MainLoop();}

LangErr exception at Parser<Application>::EvalAtom(string&): unknown function 'MainLoop' called

Stacktrace:

=================================================================

Gwaihir
Founder, dev. lead

Post by Gwaihir » Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:58 pm

Jaded and I learned that one can't just move the .gccg folder over from a windows install to a linux one and expect it to work. We didn't explore the reasons in detail. If anyone needs to truly share his installation between the two OS-es he's encouraged to explore and report back here.