Moderator: Moderators

miguel
General manager

Post by miguel » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:35 pm

It's back!

Gwaihir
Founder, dev. lead

Post by Gwaihir » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:54 pm

rrb in an e-mail to me wrote:It turns out both crashes were power outages.  I never noticed the first time because the only visible effect was the missing GCCG server.  I checked the logs this time around and see that there was a reboot a couple days ago too.  The GCCG server doesn't automatically start on reboot. I will make it into a service when I get a minute so that it will in future.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
--rrb.
Translation for the less technical: the cause has been tracked down and found: a power outage (both times) at rrb's home (i.e. no electricity). It was overlooked because rrb has most things restart automatically after such. He'll soon make sure GCCG does too. :)
Gwaihir.net - The Middle-earth CCG store
May the wind under your wings bear your where the sun sails and the moon walks -- J.R.R.T.

Last Child of Ungoliant

Re: GCCG troubles

Post by Last Child of Ungoliant » Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:46 pm

Thorsten the Traveller wrote:Hi all, well I finally decided to have a go at the online adventuring in Middle Earth, but I can't seem to get this cggc program working. I install it and load it, all goes well, there's the main screen [or so I suppose, it's mainly empty] asking me to type the new username.....but where can I type in anything? I can't type anything in the main or little side-window.

any ideas as to what the problem might be? [or problem be me?  :) ]

Did you ever got an answer to this question?
I am facing the same problem right now.
I used a name that already was given away so I try to change that name.
If you try again /newuser <your_name> with another name than this message is shown: You are already chosen your initianal user account. Use /su <your_name> instead. But that doesn't work either.

So if you can help me out I would be very grateful!
(Hope you still read this after two years posting your own question!)

Best regards,
Last Child of Ungoliant -> Kees Schipstra, The Netherlands
"I would annex the planets if I could."
Cecil Rhodes

Gwaihir
Founder, dev. lead

Re: GCCG troubles

Post by Gwaihir » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:10 pm

Last Child of Ungoliant wrote:
Thorsten the Traveller wrote:Hi all, well I finally decided to have a go at the online adventuring in Middle Earth, but I can't seem to get this cggc program working. I install it and load it, all goes well, there's the main screen [or so I suppose, it's mainly empty] asking me to type the new username.....but where can I type in anything? I can't type anything in the main or little side-window.

any ideas as to what the problem might be? [or problem be me? &nbsp;:) ]

Did you ever got an answer to this question?
I am facing the same problem right now.
Ehm.. yes; see the first three or so post right below his opening post.
I used a name that already was given away so I try to change that name.
If you try again /newuser <your_name> with another name than this message is shown: You are already chosen your initianal user account. Use /su <your_name> instead. But that doesn't work either.
I've meanwhile worked this problem out with Kees via e-mail. For others facing it: it seems the easiest way to get out of this predicament is to close GCCG, find the file username, and simply delete it. (By default it is in C:\.gccg\Metw -- notice the '.' in there.) Then you can start GCCG again and use /newuser afresh. :)
May the wind under your wings bear your where the sun sails and the moon walks -- J.R.R.T.

Beornd

Post by Beornd » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:26 pm

during a game i lost the connection - until now, i could not return. :?
bb

Beornd

Post by Beornd » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:14 pm

now it works - i dont know whats happen - 3 hours no connection possible &nbsp;:lol:
bb

Sfan

Post by Sfan » Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:20 pm

I got interrupted in a game and can't reconnect. Same at Markus' place. Is buonanno down again? Sorry, Leon.

Ringbearer

Post by Ringbearer » Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:21 pm

Ditto between me and Hexdrake.
Player of killer hazards no-one else ever dares to play :D

Gwaihir
Founder, dev. lead

Back :)

Post by Gwaihir » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:11 pm

I was thrown and kept out too (for about an hour?), but am back in now as are two others. Looks like one user wasn't affected at all, so I guess the server itself hasn't been down. Anyways, whatever disturbed us, it looks like the worst of it is over now. :)

Manuel

Post by Manuel » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:18 pm

I can't connect right now, and my game vs Snow has crashed...

rrb

Major server issue with GCCG

Post by rrb » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:28 am

Sorry to say folks I have a mjor issue with the GCCG server right now. &nbsp;A few hours ago I created a little problem for myself by upgrading my firewall. &nbsp;This SHOULD have been an innocuous change, but my IP address changed during the process and that upset the gccg server. &nbsp;Right now I cannot get the server to start, at all, anywhere. :( &nbsp;I tried moving it onto a faster machine and it won't start there. Nor will it start on the machine it originally lived on.

If anyone knows how to reach Tommi, I could really use his help right now. &nbsp;Or if anyone knows where to look for this error...

...usual stuff...
Security manager: allow open dir: ./save/Metw/users-db
Total of 0 cards loaded.
Unhandled exception: attempt to create string with null pointer
Done.
...and then it cycles again and again.

Any help appreciated.

rrb

GCCG server issue resolved

Post by rrb » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:45 am

OK, having posted in a panic I calmed down and went back and fiddled around a bit. &nbsp;I found and fixed the problem (quite silly actually) and the GCCG server is back up.

Beornd

Post by Beornd » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:47 pm

i need help:

every friday at &nbsp;4 pm until.... (i dont know an exactly time) i cannot connect to the server. if i´m in at 4 pm, i will be disconnect. now i heart that other player have no problems at the same time.
:(

but where i must looking for my problem....my router...firewall....???
other net - connection is ok and no problems.
bb

Sfan

Post by Sfan » Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:33 am

Hallo Bernd,

does your internet provider disconnect you once per week (or per day) and it happens friday ~16h00? &nbsp;

Stefan

Manuel

Post by Manuel » Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:36 pm

It kicked me some minutes ago and I can't comeback, although my connection seems to be doing ok.