METW / METD booster (-boxes)

All trader / collector's issues regarding specific cards and other MeCCG products: is this one especially valuable? what's in this box?; is this a fair trade?

Moderators: Jambo, Moderators

Nariam

METW / METD booster (-boxes)

Post by Nariam » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:41 am

Anyone got an idea where I could find METW and/or METD boosters for acceptable prices? (other than ebay which I'm watching constantly; there are very few offers lately). I need a Wizards limited display (36 boosters) and at least half a dragons display (18 ).
Also, how much should I be ready to pay for those? A Wizards limited box just went on ebay for above 100 bucks, and I thought that's a bit much excluding the shipping for switzerland...  :?:

Thanks for any replies!
Last edited by Nariam on Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jaded

Post by Jaded » Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:49 pm

AFAIK ebay is the cheapest source.

Nariam

Post by Nariam » Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:30 pm

Ok, then I'll have to try again, luckily there's another auction... How can you tell by the look of a booster display wheter it's limited / unlimited? Seller doesn't know, and neither do I...

Gwaihir
Founder, dev. lead

Post by Gwaihir » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:10 pm

Ehm.. it's written on the display and each individual pack. It's not hard to find either. If he can't tell, he's either not checked, or pulling your leg.

That's assuming you're speaking of English. Other languages don't have an unlimited edition, except for Japanese and Spanish. Spanish unlimited is notoriously hard to tell apart from limited.
Gwaihir.net - The Middle-earth CCG store
May the wind under your wings bear your where the sun sails and the moon walks -- J.R.R.T.

Nariam

Post by Nariam » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:34 am

Yeah I'm speaking of english. So where on the box does it say limited / unlimited? Here's the top view of the box the seller uploaded:

does that say anything about limited / unlimited?

Thanks for the help!

asphalt

Post by asphalt » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:50 am

If it was an unlimited edition box, then "unlimited edition" would be written between "booster packs" and the card back's reproduction on the box's top side. Since nothing's written there, I guess it's a limited edition box.

Nariam

Post by Nariam » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:01 pm

Thanks Bruno  :D So it's clear now. I have to admit, I have never seen any unlimited packs - not to big of a loss IMO.  :wink:

Gwaihir
Founder, dev. lead

Post by Gwaihir » Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:07 pm

Whoops  :oops: my bad. Indeed, for limited the box doesn't say limited edition, only the individual boosters say limited. For unlimited (English) the box is marked unlimited edition on front, back, top and bottom.

Now, before I have to correct myself again ;): to be precise, the box says almost nothing. On the bottom there is an identification number for the printer of the box, next to the bar code. For limited it includes "LTD". Also, the article numbers are different, #3011 for a limited booster box, #3016 for an unlimited one.
May the wind under your wings bear your where the sun sails and the moon walks -- J.R.R.T.

Sly Southerner

Post by Sly Southerner » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:51 pm

This one might go cheaply since the seller has wrongly said its a Decipher product:
Mod edit: no thanks
So that's where that southerner is hiding...He looks more than half like a goblin.

Nariam

Post by Nariam » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:53 pm

^that's the one I'm watching, but thanks for the tip :) Sadly, it ends at 4:30 AM where I live (just like the last one, when I got up at that time and was outbid then...)

Edgar AEtheling

Post by Edgar AEtheling » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:34 pm

check the German ebay!!
Dragons displays go for about € 20 -30, sealed!
Wizards are more expansive, about € 50.
That's because the German company Queen Games printed inflationary numbers of cards when it was clear that the license was lost.
So THIS is it?

ordagnir

Post by ordagnir » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:35 am

here is one METD bbox on ebay "buy it now" for $12.00 That is quite acceptable I think
Mod edit: no thanks

Gwaihir
Founder, dev. lead

Post by Gwaihir » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:10 pm

I've removed some links to individual eBay auctions from this topic. We'll be paying some extra attention to this sort of thing for a while, as rather many pop up lately. :(

Please guys (M/F), remember that this section of the boards is for general discussion about cards, fair prices, places to go look for them, and such, not for direct advertisments of particular deals, whether your own or other people's.

To see what goes on at eBay at any particular time, which might indeed include the deal you're looking for, there's a pretty good and well searchable website.. eBay. We don't want this place clogged with ever outdated duplicates of that.

In those cases something said on eBay is the starting point of a discussion, please write it in your post here on the board (rather than via a link). EBay pages work only for a brief period, we don't like to loose such info so quickly.

Thanks for your cooperation. :)
Last edited by Gwaihir on Sat May 26, 2007 11:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gwaihir
Founder, dev. lead

Post by Gwaihir » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:16 pm

Edgar AEtheling wrote:That's because the German company Queen Games printed inflationary numbers of cards when it was clear that the license was lost.
Sorry, but that's complete bullocks. :oops: If they were low on MeCCG stock at that time, they would, for obvious reasons, have been happy about that. No way they would have printed extra, if that had actually even been possible (which it wasn't).