John Howe artwork binders

All trader / collector's issues regarding specific cards and other MeCCG products: is this one especially valuable? what's in this box?; is this a fair trade?

Moderators: Jambo, Moderators

Thorf

John Howe artwork binders

Post by Thorf » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:35 am

I just ordered a couple of binders from Wim's store :D , and I'm wondering what they're like.  Can anyone fill me in?  I am very familiar with the artwork used, but what I'm wondering about is:

- How many rings do they have?
- Are they O-ring or D-ring?
- Roughly how many pages can I expect each one to hold?
- Are they similar to, for example, the standard Ultra Pro kind of thick binder, or more like a normal 2 ring binder?

Any information at all would be much appreciated.

Thanks for reading!

Sauron

Post by Sauron » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:42 pm

They are approx 2.5 or 3 inch tall binders with 3 rings.  You can fit those 9 card sleeves into them.

tbadiuk

Post by tbadiuk » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:17 pm

You know, I still don't own a set of these.   :cry:   Another thing on the 'to buy one day' list!

On a related note, not many people realize that there are 3 different binders.  For some reason 2 are still available from a few people/places, but the 3rd one is completely gone?  Kind of odd...

Ted

Thorf

Post by Thorf » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:08 am

Thanks for the info, guys.

Ted, I think the reason might be that the one that's not available is the one with the most famous Gandalf picture ever (John Howe's "Gandalf", featured on Stormcrow).  The other two also have excellent (++++++) art too, of course.

So anyway, the binders fit 9-card pages, but can anyone tell me roughly how many I should need for each binder?  Strange question, I know, but there aren't any binders like that here in Japan that I can find, so I have no reference point.

thorondor

Post by thorondor » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:51 am

i am using those binders, so i can tell you that up to 40 pages fit comfortably.

Shapeshifter

Post by Shapeshifter » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:40 pm

I´m not sure if I recall correctly. But as far as I remember the Gandalf Stormcrow binder was the first one to be produced and was very soon sold out. The other two binders (Gandalf & Balrog and Shadow of Mordor) were produced after the first one was not available anymore. Therefore it is very hard to get the Stormcrow binder nowadays.

Gwaihir
Founder, dev. lead

Post by Gwaihir » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:58 pm

Slightly sillyer. After the Stormcrow binder was sold out and thus a success, three binders were made, the two still available and a 2nd run of Stormcrow binders (slightly different from the first). (Back)orders for Stormcrow have been filled with this new series, but due to poor marketing of the two new ones, stores hardly ever knew they existed. Result (after mixing in ICE's demise): Stormcrow sold out again and copies of the other two remain available till this day.
Gwaihir.net - The Middle-earth CCG store
May the wind under your wings bear your where the sun sails and the moon walks -- J.R.R.T.