Lure of War

Ever thought up cards of your own, or written a cool scenario? This is the place to share your ideas.

Moderators: Jambo, Tegarend, Moderators

Nariam

Lure of War

Post by Nariam » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:13 pm

Lure of war

Hazard Permanent-event

Corruption. Playable on a non-Ringwraith, non-Hobbit, non-follower Warrior; if your opponent has at least one Kill MP or target character has at least one trophy. If untapped when strikes from an attack on his company are assigned, that warrior must always be assigned at least one strike from the attack. He recieves two corruption points and makes a corruption check each time he defeats a strike. If Warrior is an Orc or Troll minion, this check is modified by - the total number of MPs his trophies give. Cannot be duplicated on a given character.

What do you think?  :)

Nariam
Last edited by Nariam on Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Moria tour guide

Post by Moria tour guide » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:21 am

I like the idea that tough companies get a corruption card; weak companies get Despair of the Heart.

Though, it is too powerful as it is. This card sounds like it prevents the company from cancelling the attack. If you modify it by stating

'..faces a non-canceled attack...'

then I would really like it.  :)

just my opinion

Nariam

Post by Nariam » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:07 pm

Moria tour guide wrote:Though, it is too powerful as it is. This card sounds like it prevents the company from cancelling the attack.
It was never thought to be like that... being picky, I'd say "faces an attack" is clear enough, as if they face it, it's already clear that it isn't canceled. See, it goes like this: an attack is declared, then the company has to decide wheter they will cancel it or face it. But maybe I should clarify it on the card.

Thanks for your comments  :D

Gwaihir
Founder, dev. lead

Post by Gwaihir » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:58 pm

Nariam wrote:being picky, I'd say "faces an attack" is clear enough, as if they face it, it's already clear that it isn't canceled.
Ehm.. No; Vitus is right here; you face an attack as soon as it has succesfully resolved in its chain of effects (i.e. it didn't fizzle because there suddenly isn't any hazard limit, or nothing to target it at, etc.). At that point you can (normally) decide whether to cancel it, or to assign the strikes (for fighting). So, the way your card is currently written, you indeed skip over the option to cancel, making that impossible. A good rewording would be: If untapped when strikes from an attack on his company are assigned, that [..]

[If you are unclear about this, you might want to read up on the notes in the rules / CRF that clarify that a cancelled attack has still been faced. I think it is first mentioned because of the bonusses an Orc Lieutenant gets even for a cancelled orc attack.]

Note that, worded like that, the card also seems to override the (rare) effects that allow someone to face more than one strike. If you do not want to hinder cards like Many Foes He Fought, you could make that bit [..] at least one strike.
Gwaihir.net - The Middle-earth CCG store
May the wind under your wings bear your where the sun sails and the moon walks -- J.R.R.T.

Nariam

Post by Nariam » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:08 pm

Thanks Wim for the good explanation, and Sorry Vitus for me telling Marvels :wink: I'm more familiar with the german way of writing ME rules. Ok, so I'll change the card text now to what you have suggested.

Moria tour guide

Post by Moria tour guide » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:40 pm

Apology accepted Narim.
No offense taken.
I remind myself that I am sitting in front of a screen and words lose a lot when written down. I try to read the threads like I am listening to a good companion of many years about a game we both like that has been out of print for 5 years.

That is why this Forum is up? MECCG is not dead or static. It is getting better from guys like Gwaihir and yourself. MECCG is just in the Third Age and maybe someone from a hole in the ground can come bring about the Fourth Age.

Cheers!

Nariam

Post by Nariam » Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:05 pm

Good words Vitus :D I only wish there were more MECCG players where I live... but this forum certainly does help alot to keep the game alive!