CELEDHRING

Ever thought up cards of your own, or written a cool scenario? This is the place to share your ideas.

Moderators: Jambo, Tegarend, Moderators

Vastor Peredhil

CELEDHRING

Post by Vastor Peredhil » Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:33 pm

Another character I am not sure about, maybe his special ability is to good or is he to weak in general (maybe add diplomat skill and 1 more direct influence)

#CELEDHRING (MC) (MEFB) - SCOUT/SAGE ELF
[MP: 3; Mind: 8; DI: 2; P/B: 3/8]
Unique. During your organization phase you may tap Celedhring to replace a gold ring item born by a character in his company with any ring special item in your hand that the gold ring item could normally have been tested for (except The One Ring); Celedhring makes a corruption check. Celedhring receives 2 less corruption points (to a minimum of 2) for each ring item he bears. Home Site: Barad-dûr

mfg Nicolai

Jaded

Post by Jaded » Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:11 pm

Overpowered. Normally you need a resource (secrets of their forging) and you should tap a site and a sage.

Moria tour guide

Post by Moria tour guide » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:18 pm

I like for this dark elf from MERP to be in MECCG, and I also agree with the previous post. Some alterations that will keep the tune of this card:

I like the 3MP, 8 mind, 2 DI and 3 prowess. A high mind elf ok in combat.
The 8 body is ok, but making it a 7 body will force the player to beef up the elf and making The Warding Ring more useful. But 8 is ok.

His special ability can be changed to either:
* tap elf and place 'Secret of Their Forgings' from you discard pile to your  
 hand.
OR
*Immediately after testing a gold ring, you may tap elf to reroll.
OR
*tap elf to add or subtract 1 from a testing roll, but such a roll cannot allow the playing of The One Ring.
OR
*tap elf at a tapped Mount Doom to untap the site.

---
I do like giving the elf a ring special ability.
You can limit the ability to only Dol Guldur and/or Barad-dur.

I like the corruption point reduction for bearing rings to make him a minion out getting those 4CP gold rings.

just my opinion.
Thanks

Vastor Peredhil

Post by Vastor Peredhil » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:21 pm

thanks for the comments, but once again I came up with what may be a better solution.

Unique. During your organization phase you may tap Celedhring to test a ring in his company. After the test he makes a corruption check modified by subtracting the marshalling point value of the ring that was played the test. Celedhring receives 2 less corruption points (to a minimum of 2) for each ring item he bears. Home Site: Barad-dûr

Hope this will cut down on his power without losing his special flare.

mfg Nicolai

Vastor Peredhil

Post by Vastor Peredhil » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:22 pm

I am missing an "after" in after the test.

sorry for the mistake

Wacho

Post by Wacho » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:30 pm

Hmm...he actually recieves more corruption points than normal if he carries a lesser ring.

Vastor Peredhil

Post by Vastor Peredhil » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:35 pm

Yes, since he fancies these thing, my precious

mfg Nicolai

EspadadeAlquiler

Post by EspadadeAlquiler » Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:10 am

Vastor Peredhil wrote:thanks for the comments, but once again I came up with what may be a better solution.

Unique. During your organization phase you may tap Celedhring to test a ring in his company. After the test he makes a corruption check modified by subtracting the marshalling point value of the ring that was played the test. Celedhring receives 2 less corruption points (to a minimum of 2) for each ring item he bears. Home Site: Barad-dûr

Hope this will cut down on his power without losing his special flare.

mfg Nicolai
this version is ok, but I preffer the first, that you can use Celebhring like Secret of their forging, but that have to be in a site (playable information) and tape the site to do it.

Couse with the last version is easy play the One ring near of Barad Dur, and you dont need to much cards (just rings and the Isildur P. Maybe if you can not test the One Ring by him...
Forth Eorlingas!

Dirhaval

Post by Dirhaval » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:04 pm

I am siding with EspadadeAlquiler latest comments.

Vastor Peredhil: Can you have the text in your first thread be the latest version?
+
I do not like the dark elf being able to play the One Ring; you do say this in the first thread, then your revision later excludes the One Ring restriction.

About playing at an Information site; you can either require an Information site (tapped or untapped) or an untap Information site.

In either case, I think major play testing is needed for this important minion.
Give me a few years and I'll do it. ;)

-dirhaval