The West That Is Forgotten and others

Ever thought up cards of your own, or written a cool scenario? This is the place to share your ideas.

Moderators: Jambo, Tegarend, Moderators

Tegarend

The West That Is Forgotten and others

Post by Tegarend » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:42 pm

Cunning of Aulë
MP: (1)
CP: 1
Hero permanent event
Unique. Lost knowledge. Playable on your wizard during the site phase at a tapped or untapped site where "Information" is playable. Tap the wizard (but not the site). If on your wizard, Tap this card during your end phase to shuffle a spell from your discard into your play deck. Alternatively, if on Saruman, tap this card during your end phase to take a spell from your discard directly into your hand. May be stored at a Haven, only if stored you receive this card's marshalling point.

Wisdom of Manwë
Hero permanent event
Unique. Lost knowledge. Playable on your wizard during the site phase at a tapped or untapped site where "Information" is playable. Tap the wizard (but not the site). If on your wizard, tap this card to give +2 to a corruption check caused by a spell. Alternatively, if on Gandalf, tap this card to give a character in his company +2 to a corruption check. May be stored at a Haven, only if stored you receive this card's marshalling point.

Courage of Oromë
Hero permanent event
Unique. Lost knowledge. Playable on your wizard during the site phase at a tapped or untapped site where "Information" is playable. Tap the wizard (but not the site). If on your wizard, tap this card to give him +1 prowess versus one attack. Alternatively, if on Alatar, you may tap this card instead of Alatar when facing a strike.  May be stored at a Haven, only if stored you receive this card's marshalling point.

Yavanna's Resiliency
Hero permanent event
Unique. Lost knowledge. Playable on your wizard during the site phase at a tapped or untapped site where "Information" is playable. Tap the wizard (but not the site). If on your wizard, tap when your wizard is wounded to automatically succeed the subsequent body check. Alternatively, if on Radagast and he is wounded, tap during your untap phase if he is at a non-SH, non-DH site to heal him to untapped status. May be stored at a Haven, only if stored you receive this card's marshalling point.

Revelations of Mandos
Hero permanent event
Unique. Lost knowledge. Playable on your wizard during the site phase at a tapped or untapped site where "Information" is playable. Tap the wizard (but not the site). If on your wizard, tap when your wizard makes an influence check to give +3 to the check. Alternatively, if on Pallando, tap during your organisation phase to increase your general influence by two until your next turn. May be stored at a Haven, only if stored you receive this card's marshalling point.

The West That Is Forgotten
MP: (2)
Hero Permanent Event
Unique. Cunning of Aulë, Wisdom of Manwe, Courage of Orome, Yavanna's Resiliency and Revelations of Mandos are worth 2 MPs if stored. If you have stored at least three of such cards, you receive this card's marshalling points and you may tap such cards as if they are on your wizard.

Dirhaval

Post by Dirhaval » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:24 pm

I like them All :!:

Wizard-specific to balance out Sauron/Balrog,
like the MP and CP values.

Good names.

Highly recommend them to the future owner of the MECCG game
to be made as cards.

-Dirhaval

Tegarend

Post by Tegarend » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:03 am

Thank you! High praise :)

Zarathustra

Post by Zarathustra » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:15 am

Some of these make the wizards very powerful... especially the one for Pallando, I think.  +4 GI from 2 of these and +6 GI from Truths of Doom puts him in the same position as Sauron himself!

Still, they're very cool!

Tegarend

Post by Tegarend » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:41 am

Of course, Mark, then I'll have to say you're cheating by playing a unique card twice.

Wacho

Post by Wacho » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:50 pm

I think they're pretty cool cards.  I'd like to see them be non-FW though.

Zarathustra

Post by Zarathustra » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:19 pm

What's wrong with cheating? ;)

Tegarend

Post by Tegarend » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:26 pm

Wacho wrote:I think they're pretty cool cards.  I'd like to see them be non-FW though.
That was my first intention. Then I made the names, and they fit for both fallen and real wizards, so I allowed the cards to work for both.

And how much fun are these with a fallen Saruman Information deck!
Zara wrote:What's wrong with cheating?
Nothing (as long as you don't cheat against me).

Bandobras Took

Post by Bandobras Took » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:00 pm

I always wanted them to do a little more with Saruman being a servant of Aule in the beginning.  Nice cards!

Vastor Peredhil

Post by Vastor Peredhil » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:18 pm

Really nice indeed, and I know the turf, but do you already ahve some scene for the pics in mind, just in theory of course.

mfg nico