Then I Will Have Naught and Debate Without End

Ever thought up cards of your own, or written a cool scenario? This is the place to share your ideas.

Moderators: Jambo, Tegarend, Moderators

Bandobras Took

Then I Will Have Naught and Debate Without End

Post by Bandobras Took » Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:18 pm

Then I Will Have Naught

Hazard Permanent Event.

Corruption.  Target character receives two corruption points and makes a corruption check every time his player's marshalling point total changes.

'I would have all things as they were in all the days of my life [. . .]  But if doom denies this to me, then I will have naught: neither life diminished, nor love halved, nor honour abated.'

--LotR V

Debate Without End

Hazard Long-Event.

All influence checks are modified by subtracting the number of characters in the influencing character's company.  May not be duplicated.

Where there are so many, all speech becomes debate without end.  But two together may perhaps find wisdom.

--LotR II

Tegarend

Post by Tegarend » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:43 am

1) I'd replace "every time his player's marshalling point total changes. " by "every time a resource is played tapping his current site" or something like that, to keep the character from making CCs because somebody at the other side of Middle-Earth just found a dagger.

2) IS there a way to add the diplomat skill to this card?

All influence checks are modified by subtracting the number of characters in the influencing character's company (unless there is a diplomat in the company).  May not be duplicated.

All influence checks made by a non-diplomat character are modified by subtracting the number of characters in the influencing character's company.  May not be duplicated.

All influence checks are modified by subtracting the number of characters in the influencing character's company (subtract two if the character is a diplomat instead).  May not be duplicated.

Kerrek

Post by Kerrek » Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:56 pm

How about:

All influence checks are modified by subtracting the number of characters in the influencing character's company.  May not be duplicated. A Diplomat in the character's company may tap to cancel and discard this card.