Location card Q's and a Wizard Q

A place for newbies (and oldies who are coming back to the game) to get up to speed quickly

Moderator: Moderators

spacemarine17

Location card Q's and a Wizard Q

Post by spacemarine17 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:32 pm

Hey,

I have 2 questions:

1) The card Fell Rider says that your RIngwraith can move to a non-Darkhaven site. Does this mean that A Ringwraith player can and should pack site cards from the Wizards set?  Or does it mean that the Ringwraith can move to the opponent's very site (the card itself).  Also does this mean that a Ringwraith's comapany cannot normally move to wizard's set site card without the sue of cards such as Fell Rider? I need to know this so I know if I should give my extra Wizard site cards to my friend. (We plan on playing later today!)

2) If I'm a normal Wizard for a game (i.e. Radagast) can I pack the Hazard versions of the other wizards in my deck? Assuming my opponent is not a Wizard for that game.

Thanks in advance.

-a.

Bandobras Took

Re: Location card Q's and a Wizard Q

Post by Bandobras Took » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:48 pm

spacemarine17 wrote:  1) The card Fell Rider says that your RIngwraith can move to a non-Darkhaven site. Does this mean that A Ringwraith player can and should pack site cards from the Wizards set?  Or does it mean that the Ringwraith can move to the opponent's very site (the card itself).  Also does this mean that a Ringwraith's comapany cannot normally move to wizard's set site card without the sue of cards such as Fell Rider? I need to know this so I know if I should give my extra Wizard site cards to my friend. (We plan on playing later today!)
What needs to be clarified here are the different kinds of site cards.

Hero site cards have a white background color and can be Havens, Free-Holds, Border-Holds, Ruins & Lairs, Shadow-Holds, and Dark-Holds.

Minion site cards have a gray background color and can be Darkhavens, Free-Holds, Border-Holds, Ruins & Lairs, Shadow-Holds, and Dark-Holds.

A Ringwraith player always uses Minion site cards.  For example, Dol Guldur is a Darkhaven for a Ringwraith player, while it is just a Dark-Hold for a Wizard player.

Without the use of a special movement card, a Ringwraith can only move to a Darkhaven site card.  What Fell Rider does is allow a Ringwraith to move to Minion site cards that are not Darkhavens.  Most Minion site cards are found in Lidless Eye starter and booster packs, though more than a few can be found in Against the Shadow booster packs.

In order to move to the same site as a Wizard player, a Ringwraith would need to have the Minion version of that site.
2) If I'm a normal Wizard for a game (i.e. Radagast) can I pack the Hazard versions of the other wizards in my deck? Assuming my opponent is not a Wizard for that game.
You can include all the hazard manifestations of Wizards in your hazard portion regardless of your alignment as a player or the identity of your wizard.  It is wise not to attack with the hazard manifestation of the Wizard you intend to play, though, as you might accidentally get him killed. :)

spacemarine17

Post by spacemarine17 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:51 pm

thanks so much for clarifying that for me Bandobras!  Much appreciated.

-a.