Sorting threads

A place for anyone to submit idea's and improvement tips for the site - 'obligation free'. - If on the other hand you want to become more involved, you are encouraged to join the MeCCG.net development team.

Moderator: Moderators

The Dead Dwarf

Sorting threads

Post by The Dead Dwarf » Thu Oct 02, 2003 8:55 am

Is there anyway to list the topics so that locked topics appear at the bottom of the list (no matter what the dates on the topics are)?

With a popular group you get lots of threads and if they're not locked in a FIFO manner you end up trawling through dead threads to find the new stuff. Or maybe a way to move locked threads to an 'archive' or something to keep the current topics at the top of the list and easy to see.

With a quiet group it isn't an issue, but the netrep group for example is now getting rather crowded.

Regards

Nigel

Gwaihir
Founder, dev. lead

Post by Gwaihir » Thu Oct 02, 2003 6:40 pm

There isn't one build in. I'd already looked for that. With most 'normal forums' for which people wrote this board it is not so common to lock threads, you see.

I'll have a look in November (= after the three large upcoming fairs) if I can do some 'quik & dirty hacking' to this effect. I try to avoid spending much time on changes to these intermediate boards as much as possible though, as it keeps me from the 'real tasks'

[I.e. we will probably be using these boards for a good while longer, but as a permanent structure I want something built (coded) quite different. So I rather not do to much work on this boards code as I know I'll throw it away later.]
Gwaihir.net - The Middle-earth CCG store
May the wind under your wings bear your where the sun sails and the moon walks -- J.R.R.T.

The Dead Dwarf

Post by The Dead Dwarf » Fri Oct 03, 2003 9:13 am

Alternatively we could restart the netrep group every year with a different name, so the previous year(s) is archived.

Say year 1 (now) netrep
year 2 (next) netrep2004

etc.

Easier than hacking around with code - or worse??

Nigel

Gwaihir
Founder, dev. lead

Post by Gwaihir » Sun Oct 05, 2003 2:24 pm

Easier, definately, but not helping mid-year of course. Per year wouldn't even be needed, could simply make a 'NetRep archive' board and move everything old over there (probably by moving everything over first and then putting all current material back). However, I think this whole board will be replaced (keeping archives of course) with an incarnation we can fully adapt to our wishes before the NetRep board is much more than a year old.
Gwaihir.net - The Middle-earth CCG store
May the wind under your wings bear your where the sun sails and the moon walks -- J.R.R.T.