Which meccg.net forum is most helpful to the average visitor

The board where you can share off topic things with your friends out here.

Moderator: Moderators

Which meccg.net forum is best for the average user?

Rules Questions
39%
Tips & Tricks
32%
Decks
21%
All About the Cards (in Trader Central)
No votes
Scenarios & House Rules (including UEPs)
8%
Dream Cards
No votes
Events
No votes

Total votes: 38

Zarathustra

Which meccg.net forum is most helpful to the average visitor

Post by Zarathustra » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:28 am

In hopes of some positive feedback on what's going right, I'd like to know which public meccg.net forum is most helpful to the average visitor.

I.e., which do you look at most, find most interesting, wish the others were more like, etc.?

Bandobras Took

Post by Bandobras Took » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:33 am

I've voted Rules Questions as the most helpful. Being able to look up obscure things or just get a timing question answered by those who know is an invaluable aid in a lot of games.

Now, as far as funnest, that's got to be the deck section. Seeing people's weird ideas for decks is probably my favorite aspect of these forums.

Jambo

Post by Jambo » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:39 am

If it's the most helpful forum, then I guess the Rules Questions would fall into that category most.

However, in terms of what I enjoy and spend the most time in, it would be definitely be the House rules and UEPs. So that gets my vote.

:)

Gwaihir
Founder, dev. lead

Post by Gwaihir » Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:08 pm

Didn't see the link with "tips & tricks", so moved this one to "talk".
Gwaihir.net - The Middle-earth CCG store
May the wind under your wings bear your where the sun sails and the moon walks -- J.R.R.T.

Zarathustra

Post by Zarathustra » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:12 pm

My bad. I had just made several polls in Tips & Tricks previously, so I automatically went there.

Lycan

I voted "Decks"...

Post by Lycan » Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:42 pm

...since I never get to play this game nowadays, and thus have a rather limited grasp on modern strategies for MECCG.  Checking out your weird decks tend to be inspiring and enlightening, at least MECCG-wise ;]

Baduila

Post by Baduila » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:01 pm

Yup I voted decks first as well.......always a good read. The rules and questions are helpful, no doubt about it but when reading the forums it would be decks, UEPs and then rules and questions for me.

Tegarend

Post by Tegarend » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:35 pm

I like decks myself, especially nowadays with the great threads linked to all of them! Good job, Mark!

EndersGame

Post by EndersGame » Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:22 pm

Although it wasn't an option in the Poll, I have found the "General" forum almost as useful as the "Rules" forum, mainly because as a relative newbie I have been able to get very helpful answers to more general questions about MeCCG.  I want to express appreciation to all the experienced players here for your patience and tremendous helpfulness toward new players like me who don't have a friend in person to teach the game - without your helpfulness and guidance, it would be so much harder to learn MeCCG.  The entire MeCCG forum is incredibly useful for getting new players on board the game, and in providing the support and answers they need.  Without this forum, I likely wouldn't be enjoying MeCCG as much as I am, and perhaps I would even have given up on it - as so many have when confronted with the initial complexity of the rules.

alfon82

Post by alfon82 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:03 pm

I think the average user is interested in a mix of rules, tips and tricks and all about the cards.