Introductions

The board where you can share off topic things with your friends out here.

Moderator: Moderators

Arioch

Post by Arioch » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:04 am

Hello!
I'm Max from Venice, Italy.
Just wanted to say hello to everyone here!
Blood & Souls for Arioch!

stone troll

Post by stone troll » Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:39 am

Hey Max,

shouldn't that be "blood and souls for my lord Arioch"? :twisted:

gotta love Moorcock's books.

wormtongue

Post by wormtongue » Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:48 am

Hello, everybody,

I didn't see this thread until now, sorry.

Well, I'm Joe, from Ireland, and living in Asturias, in the north of Spain.

I've been playing this great game since it came out in Spain ten years ago, but it really took off for me with Lidless Eye, and then White Hand... oh, I love that expansion. Been playing Fallen wizards ever since.

You've been very kind to me, and I want to thank everyone for their answers to my questions, and all their help.

Thanks!

Smeagol

Post by Smeagol » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:24 pm

Hi im Dave Griffiths, i live in th U.K and have only just got into the game but really enjoying it

goblin king

Sacramento, Ca

Post by goblin king » Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:50 pm

Hello all! First post!
My name is Ralph and I'm apparently the last MECCG player in Sacramento. I started playing the game when it came out but haven't had much practice in the last two years. I've recently purchase the last few cards I needed to complete my player's set of the game. If anyone needs extra commons and uncommon cards let me know. I'd be happy to send them for the price of postage.
I love this game and consider it years ahead of its time in the CCG market. I'm also impressed with the international community on this board. What a great space!

mcrowe

Post by mcrowe » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:11 pm

I'm Mike Crowe, and a new member to the forum, but have played MECCG since its inception.  I went to graduate school (in the 70's) with the designer of METW (Coleman Charlton), and even visited him at ICE and played a multi-player game with the design team.  The highlight for me was killing Frodo with Crebain!

I've played mostly in local tournaments, and with a group of players in the Washington DC area that meets irregularly.  My other favorite game is a wargame I helped design (A World at War - monster WWII game), so my gaming attention is divided between the two.

Anglachel

Post by Anglachel » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:41 pm

hi there ^^

a lost brother refound ^^

did you miss me? :)

last_steward

Post by last_steward » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:57 pm

Hey all, Liam here from Nottingham, in the UK. Got back into MECCG recently, after about a year and a half of not playing. Only played with about 3 different people in fun games (havn't been to a tourny as of yet), but looking to find other MECCG players nearby, or at least in the UK. Have been a fan of the game for about 4 or so years, and a Tolkein fan for 7 (being 13 when i was first introduced to Lord of the Rings).
"That was either a very large twitch or a very small seizure"

ordagnir

Post by ordagnir » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:39 am

I`m Martin from Sweden. I´ve been a Tolkien-Fan for many years started to read the books when I was 8. I have collected MECCG from time to time since it came to Sweden but haven´t played much until last summer.
Story in short: finally found a opponent to play with, played a couple of rounds, got to Worlds, came home, started a play-group, founded a council, will organize Swedish Nationals next month.

rismisner

Post by rismisner » Sun May 06, 2007 3:51 am

Hi, I'm Ris, from Ohio, USA.

I know I can't hear you from where I'm sitting and you're probably not reading any of this out loud, but for the record, Ris is pronounced Ree, as in the French, Je ris, I laugh.

I just discovered this board and I'm excited to see that it's active with recent posts, and that MECCG is still alive with a thriving community!

I have been a Tolkien fan for my entire life.  I started playing MECCG when the game first came out and I introduced a friend to it immediately, buying a deck for each of us on the first day, after which we played together daily and went to tournaments together at far away exotic gaming conventions like Origins and GenCon.  I peaked out in tournament play in '97 or '98 at Necronomicon in Tampa, Florida, when I reached the top 8 of the U.S. National Finals.  Ahh good memories.  Live by Lucky Search, die by Lucky Search, and I died by it that day LOL.

Since then I stopped playing because of the difficulty finding players, a similar fate to so many others I see introducing themselves here.  Now I'm here to reconnect with the MECCG community and relearn the game.

Tegarend

Post by Tegarend » Sun May 06, 2007 10:31 am

Make sure you install the GCCG immediately.

Zarathustra

Post by Zarathustra » Sun May 06, 2007 1:19 pm

And don't forget to come to World Championships in New York this summer!

http://www.buonanno.org/MECCG/Worlds07/

jota

Post by jota » Tue May 15, 2007 11:24 pm

Hello I’m Juan Felipe from Medellín Colombia.

I’ve been playing the game since 2001. I like to play with heroes; I joined MECCG.net to learn how to deal with Balrog/minions. And I think this is the place to do it. (I’m about to give up and play with minions/FW).

jbirk

Post by jbirk » Tue May 22, 2007 9:00 pm

Hi, I'm Josh Birk.  I've started playing MECCG early on.  Actually Ris (posted above) got me into it in High School.  We played throughout college, and made many a trip to a card convention to compete in the awesome tournaments ICE put on.  But since College, I haven't played much.

And to top it off I moved to Arizona, so now Ris and I play occasionally using NetMeccg, and are in the process of writing Ardanet (see post in general forum).  I've enjoyed picking the game (best ccg ever imo) back up this last month and am now trying to finish that collection I started so many years ago :)

MuslimKnight

Post by MuslimKnight » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:02 pm

As-Salamu Alaykum (May Peace Be Upon You All)

Hi, my name is Mohammad. I am from Egypt and my profession is Unix SysAdmin. I am new to MECCG though I played online card games before. I am a fan of Lord Of The Rings and the work of J. R. R. Tolkien  
in general.
Unfortunately I have limited time to play so my learning curve is some how slow.
I also noticed guys here working on ccg softwares.  I have some ideas that I am thinking of bringing it to life too. I am interested to help with any project and may be we can discuss ideas and exchange opinions. If can do please contact me through my mail subs4all@yahoo.com.

Due to time differences i don't meet lot of people but sure hope to meet u all soon.

MK