General MECCG activity (the game, not the forum :P )

The board where you can share off topic things with your friends out here.

Moderator: Moderators

DonAldo

General MECCG activity (the game, not the forum :P )

Post by DonAldo » Mon May 18, 2009 9:46 pm

Hey guys!

I was wondering, how active would you rate the individual meccg communities, world wide? For example, how active is the game in Germany? Or where is it most actively played/traded?

I'm asking because I can't really find out much by myself in regards to activity. Sure, you can find pages - lots of them, created by all nationalities - but most of them have been dead for years. There's pages on the meccg.net site for the Worlds 04, 05 and 06 - what happend to 07, 08 and 09?
Also, I've been trying to locate "new old players" near me for ages. The last try, back in '07 in my favourite store in Düsseldorf (Germany) was met with a unbelieving stare. Why? Because I happened to be the second person who had asked within one week, after years of no interest. Sadly the girl (!) hadn't left any address. :/

I hope someone can add to this discussion. :)
Last edited by DonAldo on Mon May 18, 2009 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sauron_the_Great
Location: Alfter, Germany (normally Barad-Dur, Mordor but I'm on holidays at the moment)

Post by Sauron_the_Great » Mon May 18, 2009 9:57 pm

First of all you should give GCCG a try: It's an open-source client for playing Generic Collectible Card-Games...

Obviously, it's possible to play METW online...and most of time, especially in the evening, you can spot about 8-10 players online ready for the game...the client is quite easy to install (donwload on gccg.sourceforge.net) and if an introduction how to use the interface is needed, just ask anyone online to give you an introductory game.

The other thing: have a look at www.councilofelrond.org, where the official Council of Elrond Forum is located. Important information on actual events such as tournament are posted there...also a world-wide-player list can be obtained there.

If you ever happen to be in Bonn, Germany, send me a PM and we could try and arrange a friendly game. A friend of mine and I are playing the game since 1998 and are always happy to play IRL (given the time to play)...

DonAldo

Post by DonAldo » Mon May 18, 2009 10:35 pm

Ahh, I somehow missed GCCG. Guess I have to look at it. I already found the council page while going over other threads in the boards (guess you wrote it while I typed other stuff :P), but thanks anyways! :D

Btw, I come from the Düsseldorf area (Haan - pretty much smack in the middle between D'Dorf and Wuppertal, right next to Solingen), so Bonn isn't even that far away...

Sauron_the_Great
Location: Alfter, Germany (normally Barad-Dur, Mordor but I'm on holidays at the moment)

Post by Sauron_the_Great » Tue May 19, 2009 5:21 am

Oh, I do know where Haan is...I originally come from Langenfeld, which is even nearer...:-)

DonAldo

Post by DonAldo » Tue May 19, 2009 8:21 am

Hahaha, that is awesome :D

The world is a very, very small place indeed. My ex-gf lived even closer to you: Leichlingen! :P

Vastor Peredhil

Post by Vastor Peredhil » Tue May 19, 2009 9:04 am

Hi DonAldo,

well I work in Düsseldorf University and live in Kempen Niederrhein, and I have some friends coming from Haan (we play Ultimate Frisbee for the same team)

mfg Nicolai aka Vastor Peredhil

DonAldo

Post by DonAldo » Tue May 19, 2009 9:48 am

And I study at HHU ;D

Guess we should meet up at one point and play. :)

Shapeshifter

Post by Shapeshifter » Tue May 19, 2009 7:43 pm

There is a german forum at http://www.lureofmeccg.org/forum/.
Well, sadly there's not that much activity recently, but you might want to have a look at it anyways.

_nauku_

Post by _nauku_ » Tue May 19, 2009 7:52 pm

And here's link to Council of Barad dur's site (finnish coucil) that has just been reopened after long break http://www.meccg.net/cob/
Council of Barad-dur website www.meccg.net/cob