[fallen; Radagast] And a cheezagast, for those as likes it

List and discuss your decks under construction or already in use.

Moderators: Tegarend, Moderators

Zarathustra

[fallen; Radagast] And a cheezagast, for those as likes it

Post by Zarathustra » Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:53 pm

This may well be the cheeziest deck in the world:

Starting Company

Troll Chief with Thrall of the Voice, Blazon of the Eye,
Dror with Open to the Summons,
Balin,
Gulla,
Halbarad;

Hidden Haven on the Ettenmores,

Shifter of Hues.

Deck Characters

3 Fallen Radagast,
1 Gloin,
1 Threlin,
1 Nain,
1 Oin,
1 Broin,
1 Kili.

Resources

1 Glove of Radagast,
1 An Untimely Brood,
1 Great Patron,
2 Guarded Haven,
1 Wizard's Myrmidon,
1 Wizard's Trove,

1 No More Nonsense,
2 Hall of Fire,

2 Secret Entrance,
2 Dwarven Light-Stone,

2 Dark Tryst,
2 Voices of Malice,
1 Marvels Told,
2 Join with That Power,
2 Weigh All Things to a Nicety,
2 Longbottom Leaf,

1 Blackbole,
1 Radagast's Blackbird,

1 Misty Mountain Wolves,
1 Stone Trolls,
1 Hill Trolls.

Key Sideboard Cards

1 Marvels Told,
1 Old Friendship,

2 Long Grievous Siege,
1 Girdle of Radagast,

1 Sapling of the White Tree,
1 Rebuild the Town,
1 Mischief in a Mean Way,
1 The White Tree,
1 Safe From the Shadow,

7 1-mind allies.

Play Tips

Basically, just squat at the Ettenmores and Rhosgobel all game, getting factions and allies respectively. When you get at least one Light-stone and a Secret Entrance, head down to the Deep-Mines for some item points.

The White Tree combo can be played with relative ease at the Barrow Downs.

MP breakdown

Ally: 10 possible, 6-7 likely;
Item: 5 possible, 3 likely;
Faction: 7 possible, 7 likely;
Character: 14 possible, 12 likely;
Misc: 16 possible, 14 likely

= 52 possible, 42 likely
Last edited by Zarathustra on Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tegarend

Post by Tegarend » Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:01 pm

You are right. Not a single part of this deck is no_cheeze except maybe the White Tree (because you must move for that one ;) ).

Do you think it can perform without the Longbottom Leafs & Long Grievous Siege?

Zarathustra

Post by Zarathustra » Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:17 pm

Do you think it can perform without the Longbottom Leafs & Long Grievous Siege?
Well, let's see...

What needs to come over from the sb?

1 Marvels Told,
1 Girdle,
2 1-mind allies (since 5 go to the discard pile),
5 for the white tree combo.

If you go with 2 Smoke Rings instead of 2 Longbottom, that means you have 4 cards to sb with in addition to Radagast tapping in the org phase. I'd say you can expect him to be able to do that 2 or 3 times (since he also has to put 5 in the discard pile), making it possible to bring over 6 or 7 cards. So, as the deck is, I'd say Smoke Rings aren't gonna cut it. However, if you go with the simpler-but-still-powerful Mischief-Tombo combo at the end of the game, you'll only need 2 cards for the end-game combo instead of 5, meaning you'll need to pull over 6 cards from the sideboard. Your max points will be slightly lower (by 3), but I think it's still definitely doable.

Jambo

Post by Jambo » Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:45 pm

This is almost exactly the same as the fallen Radagast deck Brian played against me. Very effective, but a total yawn fest.

;)

Zarathustra

Post by Zarathustra » Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:11 pm

This is almost exactly the same as the fallen Radagast deck Brian played against me. Very effective, but a total yawn fest.
Funny you should say that... perhaps it's because I built that deck for brian (<shoots self>)....

MRA

Sauron

Post by Sauron » Fri Jun 11, 2004 7:07 pm

Jambo wrote:This is almost exactly the same as the fallen Radagast deck Brian played against me. Very effective, but a total yawn fest.

;)
That's because it is my deck. Mark and I talk alot.

Sauron

Post by Sauron » Fri Jun 11, 2004 7:08 pm

Zarathustra wrote:
Funny you should say that... perhaps it's because I built that deck for brian (<shoots self>)....

MRA
I so took on your design and made it 10 times better. :P

Paolinoc

Post by Paolinoc » Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:22 pm

bmin wrote:
Zarathustra wrote:

MRA
I so took on your design and made it 10 times better. :P
I like a lot cheezy gast design, and i have a similar decklist.

My only change is some maindeck (4) some 1 MP non unique wolf ally and 2 non unique wild dog faction.

Then i read your "a bit cheezy approch", and i wanna give a shot at The white tree.

I disagree about

1 No More Nonsense /* Cause i don't understand this choice. What is the advantage?

2 Secret Entrance, /* I don't think it worth 2 slot, maybe a bit better Farmer Maggot.

2 Join with That Power /* Well, if i understand correctly allies don't count when i make a influencing attempt, so there are no advantage to play it hero tool to influence (A friend or 3, New Friendship).

2 Long Grievous Siege /* well, I don't feel a first choice for sideboard, maybe need some other Item point like Noldo lantern (?)

I am waiting for some reply

Zarathustra

Post by Zarathustra » Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:54 pm

Paolinoc wrote:My only change is some maindeck (4) some 1 MP non unique wolf ally and 2 non unique wild dog faction.

Then i read your "a bit cheezy approch", and i wanna give a shot at The white tree.

I disagree about

1 No More Nonsense /* Cause i don't understand this choice. What is the advantage?

2 Secret Entrance, /* I don't think it worth 2 slot, maybe a bit better Farmer Maggot.

2 Join with That Power /* Well, if i understand correctly allies don't count when i make a influencing attempt, so there are no advantage to play it hero tool to influence (A friend or 3, New Friendship).

2 Long Grievous Siege /* well, I don't feel a first choice for sideboard, maybe need some other Item point like Noldo lantern (?)
So I think the kind of deck you're using doesn't work the same as this one. This starts at a hidden haven on the ettenmores, not (as I think yours does) at weathertop or the white towers (minin version). The trick is that the troll chief can get all three factions playable at the ettenmores for a total of 7 faction points -- all at your haven! The wolf allies and hounds factions aren't playable at a haven site with no auto-attack; that's why they're not in the deck.

1) No More Nonsense: the troll chief needs as much direct influence as he can get for pulling in the factions. This gives it to him (play it using him and halbarad). It is also nice to remove a corruption card.

2) Secret Entrance: use this when you head into the deep-mines. It keeps your opponent from playing any creatures on you whatsoever (as you don't have a site path). A very nice card, if I may say so.

3) Join with that power: the troll-chief is influencing, so he can't use a hero resource (friend or three). I know join doesn't give quite as much DI bonus, but it's playable....

4) Long, Grievous Siege: Against a hero opponent this can be devastating. The often-played Rangers of the North can be bounced back into oblivion by a siege. Also, you can make it much more difficult to pick up Tom Bombadil by besieging the old forest :!: .

Make sense? :)

Paolinoc

Post by Paolinoc » Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:00 am

Zarathustra wrote:
Paolinoc wrote:My only change is some maindeck (4) some 1 MP non unique wolf ally and 2 non unique wild dog faction.

I disagree about

1) No More Nonsense: the troll chief needs as much direct influence as he can get for pulling in the factions. This gives it to him (play it using him and halbarad). It is also nice to remove a corruption card.

2) Secret Entrance: use this when you head into the deep-mines. It keeps your opponent from playing any creatures on you whatsoever (as you don't have a site path). A very nice card, if I may say so.

3) Join with that power: the troll-chief is influencing, so he can't use a hero resource (friend or three). I know join doesn't give quite as much DI bonus, but it's playable....

4) Long, Grievous Siege: Against a hero opponent this can be devastating. The often-played Rangers of the North can be bounced back into oblivion by a siege. Also, you can make it much more difficult to pick up Tom Bombadil by besieging the old forest :!: .

Make sense? :)
Make more sense. ;)

Sorry, I am a bit confusing cause i read "Ettenmores" and i think "weathertop".

My bunch of wolves waiting here, so I am thinking a CheezyGast deck around Weathertop :(
A Bit confusing, As I write before.

And "Join with That Power" misinformation coming at last...I don't remember that minnion could play only minnion resource ;)

Just my 2 Italian Euro Cent

Lord Leuber

Post by Lord Leuber » Fri Jun 25, 2004 7:24 am

Paolinoc wrote:And "Join with That Power" misinformation coming at last...I don't remember that minnion could play only minnion resource ;)
Well, just to be clear, minions in a FW deck could play Hero resources - eg Gulla could use a Risky Blow, or Dorelas could play Secret Entrance - but the problem is that orcs & trolls used by a Badbeard can only use minion resources.

Lord Leuber

Re: And a cheezagast, for those as likes it

Post by Lord Leuber » Fri Jun 25, 2004 7:58 am

Zarathustra wrote:Faction: 7 possible, 7 likely;
I've just put it together and noted it's missing a Gatherer of Loyalties :wink:

Agent of Steel 44

And a cheezagast, for those as likes it

Post by Agent of Steel 44 » Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:19 am

You may not start with Troll characters unless you start with an appropriate stage resource card (e.g. Bad Company)
Illuminati is Machine

Zarathustra

Post by Zarathustra » Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:55 pm

Thus the Thrall of the Voice in the starting company :wink: :wink:

Lord Leuber

Post by Lord Leuber » Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:36 pm

Mark, would you put the Gatherer of Loyalties and the Legacy of Smiths in the deck or the sideboard? If SB, that's two more cards that have to come over - might not be possible... :?